Furnace filters ensure that your furnace is running as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Unfortunately, you have to replace your furnace filter every few months, but even more so in the winter.
While changing your furnace filter is not difficult, it is a project you should see before completing yourself. As always, our friends at MyFixItUpLife decided to sit down and show us how to replace a filter and how often to do so.
Tips for Changing Furnace Filter
- Before purchasing a new filter, make sure you know the exact size needed.
- To find the correct size, refer to your old filter.
- There are also cut-to-fit furnace filters available.
- Filters can be inserted incorrectly.
- Insert the furnace filter in the direction of the airflow (there should be an arrow on top of the filter).
- To keep your filter clean, reduce the amount dust that enters your HVAC system.
- To prevent dust, always cover your vents while remodeling.
During the winter, you need to replace your furnace filter every 30 days. Now that you know how, forgo the expense of hiring an HVAC pro.