Painting an accent wall with a pattern is a hot design trend. But, if you’re anything like me, the thought of painting it yourself is a bit scary. It’s easy to paint a wall one simple color, but to do anything more seems like a recipe for disaster.
Fortunately, it’s easier than it looks! With a few painting supplies and a little extra time, you can create a patterned accent wall to brighten up a room. Our friends at MyFixItUpLife are here to show you how to flawlessly DIY a paint pattern on your wall.
Ready to get started on your paint project? Contact a painting pro today for up to four free quotes from contractors in your area.
- A paint edge tool can help if you’re painting larger stripes.
- Be sure to start with a clean, quality paint brush.
- Don’t skip the measurements.
- Use painter's tape to lay out your pattern before painting.
- Remove painter's tape before the paint completely dries.
There’s no reason to fear a DIY painting project, especially with the right tools. You can create a fun, new look for any room with these tips.
Looking for more DIY decorating ideas? Read DIY Dollar Store Décor Ideas for projects on a budget.