Find the best solar contractors today!
Browse Our Directory of Solar Electric, Heating & Cooling Pros
Top Solar Panel Companies in Challenge
FamcoNo Reviews915 Highland Pointe Drive, Roseville, CA
Started as a commercial contractor branched off into residential. We provide fast, professional service for the lowest rates in the industry.Read MoreSee Full Profile
PowurNo Reviews126 South Goldfield Road, Mesa, AZ
We are a company that finds you the best solar deal from top providers. With a $0 down payment we guarantee your bill reduces 20-50%. Send over utility bill and within 15 minutes your free install appointment will be set. Get a quote to see how much you will save!Read MoreSee Full Profile
Scott Sperling Powur AdvisorNo Reviews13535 Valerio Street Van Nuys CA 91405, Van Nuys, CA
In 10 years the largest Solar Company in the world services 16 states in America. In just the past 90 days Powur has more then doubled that. We are on record pace to cover the rest of the United States of America and to also go international. So that's why Powur is the Uber of Solar.Read MoreSee Full Profile
Solar RevolutionNo Reviews9580 Oak Ave. Parkway #14, Folsom, CA
FULL SERVICE SOLAR Includes: *Site Inspection *Design and Engineering *Permitting *Provide Equipment *Installation *Utility Interconnection *Monitoring of Production *Financing Options AvailableRead MoreSee Full Profile
SunPower by Hooked On SolarNo Reviews820 Sterling Parkway Suite 70, Lincoln, CA
SunPower by Hooked On Solar is a Master Dealer. SunPower’s Master Dealers are hand-picked from SunPower’s Elite Dealers and receive the greatest level of training among all SunPower dealers. Further, SunPower Master Dealers are held to the highest levels of customer satisfaction, installation quality and service excellence. SunPower by Hooked On Solar is dedicated to explaining the truth behind why all solar panel technology is NOT created equal and take the time to explain the pro's and cons of all financial programs available.Read MoreSee Full Profile
Auburn Solar4458 Grass Valley Highway, Auburn, CA
B Green, LLC1597 Cole Blvd Ste 300, Golden, CO
California Green Energy ConstructionPO Box 257, Chicago Park, CA
California Solar Electric Company149 East Main Street, Grass Valley, CA
Climate And Energy Solutions, Inc.185 East Avenue, Chico, CA
Gold Rush Energy Solutions8200 Highway 193, Garden Valley, CA
Hooked on Solar, Inc.820 Sterling Parkway, Suite 70, Lincoln, CA
Light It Up Solar & Electric3080 Thorntree Drive, Unit 75, Chico, CA
Plan It Solar, Inc.563 Idaho Maryland Road, Grass Valley, CA
RCI Solar Electric27487 Kennefick Road, Galt, CA
Skylink Solar, Inc.3137 Swetzer Road, Loomis, CA
Solar Energy Installers1601 N. Sepulveda Blvd #227, HQ in Manhattan Beach, CA
SST Construction, LLC2731 Citrus Road, Suite D, Rancho Cordova, CA
Sunworks United, Inc.1010 Winding Creek Road, Roseville, CA
Get free estimates from local solar contractors
Challenge Solar Panel Installation
More solar panels have been installed in California than any other state in the country. In fact , according to the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), more than 4.8 Million CA homes already have solar panels installed and that number is only going to go up in the coming years. Furthermore, considering that solar energy prices in Sacramento, Chico, Fairfield, Vacaville, and Stockton have decreased more than 60% in the last five years, it make sense why more Challenge homeowners are moving from traditional electricity to solar panels for the home.
Challenge Solar Energy Return On Investment (ROI)
The average cost to install solar panels in Challenge is approximately $21,000. While that number is expected to go down (considering solar takes up only 14% of the state’s electricity), sadly, solar panel jobs in Challenge cost a bit more than the national average. New solar panel projects, across the country, start at $17,000.
Nonetheless, unlike other states or cities that don’t see as much as sun as Challenge, Golden State homeowners save quite a bit of money when they install solar panels. In fact, Challenge homeowners can save nearly $11,000 over 20 years after hiring a solar panel company. In fact, solar panel installers say the panels can cut monthly electric bills by 50% to 90%.
As you can see, researching solar panel companies in Challenge is not only the right decision now, but it’s a smart decision for years to come.
Challenge Solar Energy Financing & Rebates
Unlike a small plumbing job, $21,000 is a steep price for something you can’t visualize day in and day out. Fortunately, there are plenty of rebates and tax incentives the Golden State offers, both on the state and city level. Furthermore, there are various financing options all Challenge homeowners can take advantage of, if you need.
Tax Incentives & Other Rebates for Challenge Homeowners
- Federal Tax Credits for Solar Energy Systems: 30% of the total cost. This credit is good through Dec. 31, 2019.
- Sell Extra Energy: Electric companies in Challenge will actually pay you for that excess energy.
- California Solar Initiative (CSI) Rebates: The CSI Program pays solar consumers an incentive based on system performance. You can choose a lump-sum payment or monthly payments. The Expected Performance-Based Buydown (EPBB) is the upfront incentive available only for smaller systems. See more at Go Solar California.
- California Property Tax Exclusion for Solar Energy Systems: The solar energy equipment does not add value to your home and therefore, should not be included on your tax bill.
Believe it or not, there are plenty of other CA tax incentives for all new solar panels. See if you quality for additional rebates at energy.gov.
- Energy-Efficient Mortgages (EEMs): Credits a home's energy efficiency in the mortgage itself. A home energy rater conducts a home energy rating before financing is approved. This rating verifies that your home is energy efficient.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, raising your mortgage the amount you owe for the solar panel installation.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): Loans in stages. Good if making big payments to Challenge contractor in stages. HELOC’s carry adjustable interest rates.
- Home Equity Loan: Just like a normal mortgage, but for a renovation. They contain fixed interest rates.
- Personal Loan or Line of Credit: Good for smaller solar energy projects. Personal loans carry high interest rates.
- FHA 203(K) Mortgage: Refinance and create a new loan at the same time. Loan is based on estimated value after the renovation.
Challenge Solar Panel Licensing
It may not be required in all states, but any contractor installing solar panels in Challenge needs to obtain a few solar licenses:
- California Solar Contractors’ License: C-46 or C-10 OR
- A/B General Building Contractors’ License: Plus education requirements
As such, no matter what solar energy project you’re considering, make sure your solar panel installer has one of the licenses mentioned above.