Bathroom Stall Prices
Believe it or not, bathroom stalls are a popular option for business and home use. Homeowners have been using bathroom stalls in their houses for years. Sometimes, stalls are added to homes in rooms where the bathrooms are not separated from the rest of the room. For example, bathroom stalls have become a popular option for people who are living in studio apartments. Below is more information on the cost of installing bathroom stalls and the advantages and disadvantages of adding them to a home or business.
- Minimum cost of bathroom stalls: $990 per unit
- Maximum cost of bathroom stalls: $2,650 per unit
There are two major factors that affect the cost of installing bathroom stalls in a home or business. The first expense is the material from which the bathroom stall is made. The second is the cost of labor. Since home and business owners want their bathroom stalls to be sturdy, it is usually a good idea to have them professionally installed. The installation usually costs between $500 to $1,200 for the entire project. It is important for the home or business owner to shop around to find a professional that is not only reliable but also has good prices.
The last major cost for owners to consider is the type of bathroom stall that they want to install. There are many styles of stalls from which to choose. Some of the most popular are steel, plastic and phenolic.
There are not many materials that are required in the installation of bathroom stalls. The majority of the materials are pre-packaged in kits. The material that the bathroom stalls are made out of will depend on what the owner of the establishment chooses. Some kits even come with the hardware needed to construct the bathroom stalls. The professional contractor will bring his or her own tools to install the bathroom stalls.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Bathroom stalls are a great choice for just about any establishment. Just like any other bathroom option, however, there are advantages and disadvantages to using bathroom stalls. Home or business owners must choose if these are the perfect fit for their property.
Bathroom stalls are a great option for many reasons. First of all, they allow owners to put more than one bathroom in the same room while still providing some measure of privacy. Depending on the type of bathroom stall purchased, they can be resistant to vandalism. On top of that, no matter what style or type of bathroom stall that the owner chooses to purchase, they can pick from a variety of colors to meet the theme they already have. This means that owners do not have to plan designs around their bathroom stalls, despite the fact that the stalls are usually a huge focal point.
Last but not least, most companies that make bathroom stalls have a warranty that protects the owners' investment. Some of these warranties are lifetime; others can last upwards of 25 years. It is important to keep in mind that only stainless steel doors usually have a lifetime warranty because they are the only type of doors that can stand up to years of wear.
Bathroom stalls tend to take up a lot of room. If someone is trying to install these in an area that is already small, the stalls are going to waste a lot of space. Unless people purchase the high-end bathroom stalls, they are not very attractive to look at either. This is a big concern for companies that are trying to keep a stylish image. It also makes them an unpractical addition to homes (like flats) unless the more expensive ones are purchased.
It is also worth noting that no stall, no matter how good it is, will provide as much privacy as a separate bathroom. Although stalls are very common, most people admit that they prefer single bathrooms where stalls are not required. Last but not least, no matter what kind of material the bathroom stalls are made out of, they are all still considered pretty expensive to install.
Types of Bathroom Stalls:
- Steel with Baked Enamel: This type of bathroom stall is known as being the most economical. It comes in a large variety of colors. Due to how light this material is, building owners and contractors can mount them to the floor or hang them from the ceiling. The baked enamel also helps protect them from some vandalism.
- Plastic Laminate: This is another economical choice that has become popular. Just like steel with baked enamel, it has unlimited color options. The great thing about plastic laminate is that it has been used in homes and businesses for years. Most people are familiar with laminate as the covering for countertops.
- Solid HDPE Plastic: This is a slightly more expensive solution when it comes to bathroom stalls. That being said, it is higher quality and perfect for areas that are going to have high traffic. It stands up to moist environments fairly well. The best thing about these types of stalls, however, is that they do not rust or mildew, and they do not absorb any kind of odors.
- Solid Phenolic: This is another material that is a bit more expensive than the other ones listed so far. It is extremely durable and the most resistant surface to vandalism and is great for high traffic areas. Since this material is also great at resisting moisture, it is the perfect material for most bathroom stalls.
- Stainless Steel: This is the most expensive material to make bathroom stalls out of. The biggest draw to stainless steel is its flashy nature. It looks extremely high quality and adds a lot of value to a home or business. This is one of the top-end choices because it is durable, resistant to all moisture and looks great. It is the best of all worlds, but the cost may be out of a lot of people's price ranges.
Last updated on Jan 12, 2017
Top Articles on Bathroom Stalls
7 Tips To Clean Bathroom Tiles
Keeping bathroom tile clean can be a challenge. Fortunately, we have the top tile cleaning tips to keep your bathroom floor tile and shower tile spotless.Read More →
The Perfect Bathroom For Your Children
Creating a new bathroom for your children can be a fun project for all. To get you started, here are a few ideas that can inspire the perfect bathroom for your kids.Read More →
10 Dreamy Bathroom Amenities
Get the look of luxury in your bathroom. Here are a few extravagant bathroom ideas to inspire your next bathroom remodel.Read More →