If your family is like ours, you are always looking for family-friendly activities that the everyone can enjoy. While many activities can be done inside, our family prefers activities that can be done outdoors. Nothing beats having the family in the fresh air working together. One of the best activities we enjoy is gardening.
Your children will enjoy having the satisfaction of starting off with seeds, and through watering, weeding and caring for it, you can see the finished product. Working in a garden can be for flowers which can provide beauty or for vegetables which can be used to feed your family.
Regardless of what you are intending to plant, the important thing is to get your children involved. Depending on the age of your children, they could be responsible for small things like planting and watering to larger tasks such as maintaining and harvesting.
To help you teach your children about various aspects of gardening, we have asked a panel of experts to put together some useful articles. We hope this helps you get your kids involved in this fun and rewarding activity.
- Kids Gardening
- My First Garden
- No Dig Vegetable Garden
- Kids' Gardening Tip
- Gardening for Kids with Disabilities
- 16 Tips for Wildlife Gardening with Kids
- Science Experiments
- Yard and Gardening Basics
- Gardening Tips and Techniques
- Gardening Basics for Beginners
- Planting Your Vegetable Garden
- How Plants Grow
- Requirements for Plant Growth
- Soil and Plant Nutrition
- Top Plants for Kids
- Vegetable Gardening Basics
- Vegetable Gardening
- Vegetable Gardening Resources
- Backyard Vegetable Gardens
- Flower Growing Guide
- Growing Perennials
- After Planting Care Guide
- Flower Gardening
- Gardening with Children
- Gardening with Younger Children
- Youth Gardening Games and Activities
- School Gardening Resources