Get up to 4 Free Quotes!
Hanging a picture is perhaps the most simple and common DIY home remodeling project. Nonetheless, hanging pictures can go wrong if you don’t have the proper picture hanging hardware or steps needed to hang pictures straight and at the proper height.
Mark and Theresa of MyFixItUpLife are back showing you how to properly hang a picture, no matter how small or large that photo or mirror may be.
Tips for Hanging Pictures
- For DIY art, a clip and wire hung over a nail or screw is recommended.
- For heavier art, use a picture hanger to accommodate extra weight.
- Picture hangers do the least damage to the walls.
- Try to hang your picture 60” from the floor.
- Use a torpedo level to make sure the picture is straight.
- You can use a laser level to make sure pictures are equal heights across the room.
- For items heavier than 50 Ibs., use professional picture hangers.
- Professional picture hangers hold up to 100 Ibs.
Hanging a picture is not difficult, but without proper techniques, one can damage the wall. Keeping the above tips in mind will ensure that all pictures are hung evenly, looking just as if a pro stopped by.