Find the best addition contractors in Novato
Top Remodeling Additions Contractors in Novato
LU Construction(2)39899 Balentine Dr, Newark, CA
CA Home Remodeling, Renovations, Home Improvements and Construction Services by L U Construction. We have built our excellent reputation over the years by putting our hearts and passion into every project we take on. We treat every project as if we are working on our own homes. Perfection is the standard practice when we take on a project and complete satisfaction is what we expect and guarantee.Read MoreSee Full Profile
Complete RemodelingNo Reviews2290 Diamond Blvd Suite 205, Concord, CARead MoreSee Full Profile
Everlast Construction,INCNo Reviews1941 Oak Park Blvd #70 Pleasant Hill, Pleasant Hill, CA
Today, companies must overcome increasing challenges to meet customer needs and create shareholder values. These challenges are not just due to more difficult economic times. They result from increased competitive pressures and complexities in delivering a quality product. Companies must offer differentiated products at competitive prices in an ever-shorter amount of time. They need an extended team and design partner that can be trusted to deliver quality solutions on time. We provide complete REMODELING services that meet all your hardware design needs. Our services range from system architecture to design to development to testing and to sustaining. We take pride in our technical capabilities to complete and customize any project no matter how complex the requirements may be. Moreover, we have the design methodologies to ensure consistent quality designs resulting in lower total cost of ownership for our clients. Everlast construction 3 step process Design Products and Materials Construction Techniques Why Green Home? Energy Efficiency Good Indoor Air Quality Non-Toxic, Sustainable and/or Recycled Materials Save Money on Your Energy and Water Bills Reduced Maintenance Costs Increased Home Value Healthier Living Spaces A Healthier Planet and Better Future for AllRead MoreSee Full Profile
Rabanales LandscapeNo Reviews1906 89th Ave, Oakland, CARead MoreSee Full Profile
Accis Builders, Inc.5216 Mohican Way, Antioch, CA
Bay Builders, Inc.28 Pamaron Way, Suite E, Novato, CA
Bielefield Construction, Inc.4498 Heath Circle, Rohnert Park, CA
Building Solutions2171 East Francisco Boulevard, Suite C, San Rafael, CA
California Construction Co710 Kirkpatrick Drive, Hollister, CA
Castle ContractingPO Box 5055, Petaluma, CA
Cherokee ConstructionPO Box 70007, Pointe Richmond, CA
Concept Construction650 Ellis, San Francisco, CA
Green Bay Remodeling, Inc.1170 Burnett Avenue, Concord, CA
HKZ Consulting Engineers, LLC201 Spear Street, Suite 1100, San Francisco, CA
Keller PacificPO Box 1937, Rohnert Park, CA
Kodiak Construction Co.PO Box 634, Mill Valley, CA
Longevity Construction Company55 Upland Drive, Petaluma, CA
Lushov Construction, Inc.750 La Playa Street, Suite 865, San Francisco, CA
Marin Construction1705 Gilrix Street, Petaluma, CA
Nor Cal Builders and Electrical, Inc.P.O. Box 1503, Novato, CA
Get free estimates from local addition & remodel contractors
Novato Home & Room Additions
No Novato, CA homeowner ever said I could use less space. Taking that notion to heart, home addition contractors are getting call after call to add one more bedroom, a garage, a porch or even, a full kitchen. These projects are expensive, as one would expect, but they pay off tremendously, both in personal use and resale value.
Continue reading to see how you can find the best room addition contractors in Novato. As always, when you’re ready to hire, use ImproveNet to connect with two or three remodeling addition contractors in Novato today.
Common Home & Room Additions In Novato
Believe it or not, you can add any room you can think of. From laundry rooms to bathrooms, if you have the money and the wherewithal to undertake a home addition, you can make your dream home reality. To get a better idea of the possibilities, see the most common Novato room additions below:
- Garage Or Workshop
- Living Or Family Room
- Laundry Room
- Common Area(s)
- California Room
- Patio or Sunroom
- Bump Out or Micro-Addition
What Makes A Good Addition Contractor
Any home addition is no small task. It takes coordination, organization, versatility and patience to get any Novato addition completed successfully.
More often than not, you’ll have to hire a general contractor in Novato and they will hire subcontractors to complete various parts of the addition. For example, if you’re bumping out your home and remodeling your kitchen, you’ll most likely need an electrician, plumber and a general contractor. The general contractor or project manager should oversee the entire project. They do it all from ordering supplies, keeping guys on time, staying under budget and of course, updating you along the way. As you can see, they have a lot of responsibility.
Therefore, to help you find the best home addition contractor in Novato, look for the following traits as you interview three or four potential general contractors.
- Expertise: While they don’t focus on one home remodeling category, a general contractor should have some expertise across the board.
- Wide Network: General contractors hire other contractors for specific jobs. Therefore, good general contractors should have a very wide network, ensuring they only work with the best pros in Novato, as well as in Modesto, Hayward, Fremont, Stockton, and Vacaville.
- Organized: All addition contractors have to juggle multiple projects at once. From ordering supplies to scheduling subcontractors, they need to prioritize every aspect of your Novato home addition. If just one aspect of the job gets lost, all can get delayed.
- Responsive: No matter what room you’re adding on, it’s going to be a costly investment. As such, chances are, you’ll want updates on all that is going on, especially if you moved out during the home renovation. Therefore, you need your general contractor to be responsive, whether that be via phone, text or email. While this can be hard to gauge after one interview, try texting or calling after your first chat and see how fast they respond. Sadly, many forget to respond. If they do, move on to the next room addition contractor.
- Friendly: Finally, you want a contractor you can get along with. This won’t be a two-hour job. Most Novato additions take at least two weeks to complete. You’ll be spending a lot of time with them, whether in person or on the phone. As such, being able to have a professional and friendly relationship can go a long way.
Room Additions Costs In Novato
Browsing for Novato addition contractors, you should already have a rough idea of the costs associated with all room or house additions. If not, we have your answers.
Given the wide range of possible additions, it’s difficult to pinpoint an exact price for all Novato additions. As a general rule, expect to spend between $100/sf and $200/sf for your new room. Prices range heavily based on layout, plumbing, electricity, land, permits, insulation, drywall and much more.
Nonetheless, general costs for room additions in Novato are:
- Bathroom Addition: $40,000 - $90,000
- Kitchen Addition: $50,000 - $120,000
- Bedroom Addition: $10,000 – $30,000
- Garage Addition: $20,000 – $60,000
- Living Or Family Room Addition: $20,000 – $80,000
- Laundry Room Addition: $10,000 - $30,000
- Basement Addition: $50,000 – $100,000
- Office Addition: $10,000 - $30,000
- Common Area Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- California Room Addition: $10,000 - $60,000
- Deck Or Porch Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- Patio Or Sunroom Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- Bump Out or Micro-Addition: $10,000 - $50,000
To get an exact price for your specific remodeling addition, get in touch with local contractors via ImproveNet.
How To Save Money On Your Novato Addition
As you can see, additions are not cheap. At a minimum, you need to budget $5,000, and that’s for smaller additions. For entire rooms, you most likely won’t spend less than $20,000. Nonetheless, just like a Kitchen Remodel, Bathroom Remodel, Addition to Existing Structure, Basement Remodel, and Remodel Multiple Rooms, there are always a few shortcuts to save some cash and still get the quality addition you deserve.
First and foremost, interview multiple contractors. As you saw above, prices vary greatly. One Novato contractor may charge $10,000 for an addition and another may charge $5,000. Most contractors have different price points.
Next, try refinishing your basement or attic before adding an additional room. You can refinish a basement for as little as $4,000 in Novato, which is much more affordable than a basement addition (up to $100,000).
Also, don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. The less work your contractor has to do, the less you’ll pay in the end. Therefore, offer to buy materials yourself. Go pull permits from Novato, as opposed to having your contractor do it. Both of these tasks are tedious, but if you do them yourself, you could save hundreds, if not thousands, off your final home addition bill.
Home Addition Financing
If you’re still worried about your upcoming room additions costs, you’re not alone. Most Novato homeowners finance their home addition. Luckily, beyond borrowing from friends and family, you have a few financing options:
- Home Equity Loan (HEL): This is a renovation mortgage with a fixed interest rate.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, you raise your mortgage the amount you owe for the home renovation.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): This loan is ideal for home additions because you receive the money in stages. It makes perfect sense if you’re going to make multiple big payments to your Novato addition contractor over the course of the project.
If you don’t want to take on any more debt but are sold on the idea of an addition, consider a micro-addition or bump out. As the name suggests, a bump out is a smaller addition to any individual room. Smaller additions don’t have the same dramatic effect as full home additions, but they do come with a host of advantages.
First and foremost, micro-additions are far cheaper than full house additions. While a typical, single home addition in Novato costs roughly $40,000, a bump out shouldn’t cost more than $15,000. Rather than an addition of a new room, the expansion of an existing room is not complicated and thus, costs much less.
Along the same lines, since you’re just adding a few feet to an existing room, a micro-addition rarely involves HVAC, plumbing or electric. Considering these three items significantly raise addition costs, it’s no surprise a micro-addition costs a fraction of a traditional room addition.
Finally, micro-additions do not take up much time or labor to complete. Depending on the room, the bump out could take as little as two days and you most likely won’t have to move out during construction. The same can not be said of a full Novato house addition.
Novato Contractor Licensing For Additions
California, to no surprise, is one of the more stringent states when it comes to home remodeling and required licenses. Contractors do not require licenses for smaller projects, such as a backsplash installation or toilet repair. However, all contractors in Novato charging more than $500 must be licensed and insured. Considering no Novato room addition or bump out is less than $500, make sure all addition contractors you interview are licensed by the California Contractors State License Board.
Find A Novato Addition Contractor
Any addition will not only improve your quality of life and give you more space, but it will also raise the value of your home. While many additions are demanding, most Novato homeowners agree that they are well worth it in the long run.
If you’re ready to take on a successful room addition today, ImproveNet can help. Let us help you find reliable Novato addition contractors today.