Find the best addition contractors in San Diego
Top Remodeling Additions Contractors in San Diego
1 OAK Remodeling(1)6320 Van Nuys Blvd, Van Nuys , CA
1 OAK Remodeling is a full service construction and remodeling company. Our goal is to satisfy and exceed all of your dreams and expectations on every project. Our mission is to provide and deliver our customers with comfort and an outstanding experience. We can help you with new construction, Blue prints and designs along with general remodeling and home repairs. Quality work at an affordable price! We take pride in our customer service to provide objectives and solutions along the way. Our team will take you step by step through the process and our experts will help guide you through your project with the highest standards and professionalism in the industry. We are always available to answer your questions and concerns. Over 96% of our customers call us back for more work as we get the job done right the first time. We will be there when you call to answer your questions and concerns day and night. If you're tired of looking for a contractor you can trust, contact us today for a free quote and we won't let you down.Read MoreSee Full Profile
Classic Home Improvements(1)600 S. Andreasen Dr., Suite A, Escondido, CA
Classic Home Improvements is locally owned company specializing in home remodeling.Read MoreSee Full Profile
So Cal Home Remodeling(1)7100 Havenhurst Ave Suite324, Van Nuys, CA
American Quality RemodelingNo Reviews7710 Balboa Ave, San Diego, CA
We are A local Familiy Own Construction company. We meet the need of our clients. kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom remodeling handicap retrofitting for baths. roofing concrete driveways , pavers, hardsacpes windows painting interior and exterior stucco. We are a fully license General contractor bonded and insured and all our employees are covered with workmens comp. We offer free Estimated and a fair price and use only the best materials for our projects. When we start your project no matter how big it may be we will finish it accordingly not jumping from one job site to another. We a have a Great Interior Desighner on staff to help you with all the details of your next project. Contact us today let us give you that home you desire.Read MoreSee Full Profile
Divine Home RemodelingNo Reviews3615 Kearny Road , San Diego, CA
Divine Home Remodeling is a family-owned, licensed, bonded and insured construction company, founded 10 years ago in San Diego.Read MoreSee Full Profile
Gale Force Construction, Inc.No Reviews16835 Algonquin St, Suite 274, Huntington Beach, CA
Lumina Builders Inc.No Reviews4901 Morena Blvd Suite 702, San Diego, CA
Prime Home ImprovementNo Reviews22222 sherman way 101, canoga park, CA
Prime Home Improvement is dedicated to providing the best services possible. We will guide you through the whole process, and you can trust in the expertise of our staff that your project will be handled with care.Read MoreSee Full Profile
Treeium IncNo Reviews5352 Laurel Canyon Blvd, Suite 200, Valley Village, CA
Treeium is a general contracting company with over 26 years of experience, which specializes in green home remodeling. We believe that change starts from the inside out, and that the home is a great place to start. For every need there is a green solution and this is why we offer remodeling services that help our customers create their dream homes in an efficient, sustainable, healthy way for both their families and the planet. Whether you have a small project on your hands, are looking to remodel your kitchen or bathroom, or need an entire home renovation, Treeium has the expertise and passion to help you do it in a way that’s smart, efficient and sustainable, so your home will not only look good, but will also be healthier for you, the planet and your wallet. Thank you for trusting Treeium with your home improvement dreams!Read MoreSee Full Profile
1 Stop Contractors4275 Executive Drive, Suite 200, La Jolla, CA
All American, Inc.17777 Robina Court, San Diego, CA
Allied Contracting5173 Waring Road, Unit 113, San Diego, CA
BDG Builders10606 Camino Ruiz Blvd, Suite 8 #312, San Diego, CA
Bespoke Remodeling, Inc.16936 Bellota Drive, San Diego, CA
Blue Line Builders, Inc.10728 Prospect Avenue, Suite B, Santee, CA
Classic Home Improvements600 S Andreasen, Suite A, Escondido, CA
Couple-O-Bucks9921 Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego, CA
Cruz Construction and Development, Inc.5244 Cole Street, San Diego, CA
DM Building, Inc.1825 McCauley Lane, Carlsbad, CA
Douglas Charles Malo Construction1646 East Redbud Place, Pomona, CA
Get free estimates from local addition & remodel contractors
Addition to Existing Structure
Average Project Cost: $56,750SAN DIEGO, CA 03/20/2018
- Notes: I own land at big bear city. Following work needs to be done:- 1. I have plan in mind. 2. Total sqft area is ~8000 sqft 3. Planning for dual (attached to each other) 3 bedroom 2 bath house 2 story house. 4. I have already plan and design in mind. 5. Little bit of leveling is required to level the land. 6. Water and electricity is available on street. 7. Need quote from you guys - how much do you charge for building ? Thanks, Bhavesh
Addition to Existing Structure
Average Project Cost: $56,750San Diego, CA 01/21/2018
- What would you like to add or build? Other
- When would you like to start your project? I'm flexible
- What best describes your project? Design and build
- Where are you in the planning process? I'm still planning and budgeting
Addition to Existing Structure
Average Project Cost: $56,750San Diego, CA 02/21/2018
Top Reviewed Pros
1 OAK Remodeling(1)
Good Job!Read More
San Diego Home & Room Additions
No San Diego, CA homeowner ever said I could use less space. Taking that notion to heart, home addition contractors are getting call after call to add one more bedroom, a garage, a porch or even, a full kitchen. These projects are expensive, as one would expect, but they pay off tremendously, both in personal use and resale value.
Continue reading to see how you can find the best room addition contractors in San Diego. As always, when you’re ready to hire, use ImproveNet to connect with two or three remodeling addition contractors in San Diego today.
Common Home & Room Additions In San Diego
Believe it or not, you can add any room you can think of. From laundry rooms to bathrooms, if you have the money and the wherewithal to undertake a home addition, you can make your dream home reality. To get a better idea of the possibilities, see the most common San Diego room additions below:
- Garage Or Workshop
- Living Or Family Room
- Laundry Room
- Common Area(s)
- California Room
- Patio or Sunroom
- Bump Out or Micro-Addition
What Makes A Good Addition Contractor
Any home addition is no small task. It takes coordination, organization, versatility and patience to get any San Diego addition completed successfully.
More often than not, you’ll have to hire a general contractor in San Diego and they will hire subcontractors to complete various parts of the addition. For example, if you’re bumping out your home and remodeling your kitchen, you’ll most likely need an electrician, plumber and a general contractor. The general contractor or project manager should oversee the entire project. They do it all from ordering supplies, keeping guys on time, staying under budget and of course, updating you along the way. As you can see, they have a lot of responsibility.
Therefore, to help you find the best home addition contractor in San Diego, look for the following traits as you interview three or four potential general contractors.
- Expertise: While they don’t focus on one home remodeling category, a general contractor should have some expertise across the board.
- Wide Network: General contractors hire other contractors for specific jobs. Therefore, good general contractors should have a very wide network, ensuring they only work with the best pros in San Diego, as well as in Ontario, Oceanside, Fontana, Temecula, and Anaheim.
- Organized: All addition contractors have to juggle multiple projects at once. From ordering supplies to scheduling subcontractors, they need to prioritize every aspect of your San Diego home addition. If just one aspect of the job gets lost, all can get delayed.
- Responsive: No matter what room you’re adding on, it’s going to be a costly investment. As such, chances are, you’ll want updates on all that is going on, especially if you moved out during the home renovation. Therefore, you need your general contractor to be responsive, whether that be via phone, text or email. While this can be hard to gauge after one interview, try texting or calling after your first chat and see how fast they respond. Sadly, many forget to respond. If they do, move on to the next room addition contractor.
- Friendly: Finally, you want a contractor you can get along with. This won’t be a two-hour job. Most San Diego additions take at least two weeks to complete. You’ll be spending a lot of time with them, whether in person or on the phone. As such, being able to have a professional and friendly relationship can go a long way.
Room Additions Costs In San Diego
Browsing for San Diego addition contractors, you should already have a rough idea of the costs associated with all room or house additions. If not, we have your answers.
Given the wide range of possible additions, it’s difficult to pinpoint an exact price for all San Diego additions. As a general rule, expect to spend between $100/sf and $200/sf for your new room. Prices range heavily based on layout, plumbing, electricity, land, permits, insulation, drywall and much more.
Nonetheless, general costs for room additions in San Diego are:
- Bathroom Addition: $40,000 - $90,000
- Kitchen Addition: $50,000 - $120,000
- Bedroom Addition: $10,000 – $30,000
- Garage Addition: $20,000 – $60,000
- Living Or Family Room Addition: $20,000 – $80,000
- Laundry Room Addition: $10,000 - $30,000
- Basement Addition: $50,000 – $100,000
- Office Addition: $10,000 - $30,000
- Common Area Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- California Room Addition: $10,000 - $60,000
- Deck Or Porch Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- Patio Or Sunroom Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- Bump Out or Micro-Addition: $10,000 - $50,000
To get an exact price for your specific remodeling addition, get in touch with local contractors via ImproveNet.
How To Save Money On Your San Diego Addition
As you can see, additions are not cheap. At a minimum, you need to budget $5,000, and that’s for smaller additions. For entire rooms, you most likely won’t spend less than $20,000. Nonetheless, just like a Addition to Existing Structure, Bathroom Remodel, Basement Remodel, Remodel Multiple Rooms, and Kitchen Remodel, there are always a few shortcuts to save some cash and still get the quality addition you deserve.
First and foremost, interview multiple contractors. As you saw above, prices vary greatly. One San Diego contractor may charge $10,000 for an addition and another may charge $5,000. Most contractors have different price points.
Next, try refinishing your basement or attic before adding an additional room. You can refinish a basement for as little as $4,000 in San Diego, which is much more affordable than a basement addition (up to $100,000).
Also, don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. The less work your contractor has to do, the less you’ll pay in the end. Therefore, offer to buy materials yourself. Go pull permits from San Diego, as opposed to having your contractor do it. Both of these tasks are tedious, but if you do them yourself, you could save hundreds, if not thousands, off your final home addition bill.
Home Addition Financing
If you’re still worried about your upcoming room additions costs, you’re not alone. Most San Diego homeowners finance their home addition. Luckily, beyond borrowing from friends and family, you have a few financing options:
- Home Equity Loan (HEL): This is a renovation mortgage with a fixed interest rate.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, you raise your mortgage the amount you owe for the home renovation.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): This loan is ideal for home additions because you receive the money in stages. It makes perfect sense if you’re going to make multiple big payments to your San Diego addition contractor over the course of the project.
If you don’t want to take on any more debt but are sold on the idea of an addition, consider a micro-addition or bump out. As the name suggests, a bump out is a smaller addition to any individual room. Smaller additions don’t have the same dramatic effect as full home additions, but they do come with a host of advantages.
First and foremost, micro-additions are far cheaper than full house additions. While a typical, single home addition in San Diego costs roughly $40,000, a bump out shouldn’t cost more than $15,000. Rather than an addition of a new room, the expansion of an existing room is not complicated and thus, costs much less.
Along the same lines, since you’re just adding a few feet to an existing room, a micro-addition rarely involves HVAC, plumbing or electric. Considering these three items significantly raise addition costs, it’s no surprise a micro-addition costs a fraction of a traditional room addition.
Finally, micro-additions do not take up much time or labor to complete. Depending on the room, the bump out could take as little as two days and you most likely won’t have to move out during construction. The same can not be said of a full San Diego house addition.
San Diego Contractor Licensing For Additions
California, to no surprise, is one of the more stringent states when it comes to home remodeling and required licenses. Contractors do not require licenses for smaller projects, such as a backsplash installation or toilet repair. However, all contractors in San Diego charging more than $500 must be licensed and insured. Considering no San Diego room addition or bump out is less than $500, make sure all addition contractors you interview are licensed by the California Contractors State License Board.
Find A San Diego Addition Contractor
Any addition will not only improve your quality of life and give you more space, but it will also raise the value of your home. While many additions are demanding, most San Diego homeowners agree that they are well worth it in the long run.
If you’re ready to take on a successful room addition today, ImproveNet can help. Let us help you find reliable San Diego addition contractors today.