Find the best solar contractors today!
Browse Our Directory of Solar Electric, Heating & Cooling Pros
Top Solar Panel Companies in Grass Valley
All Phase Solar IncNo Reviews8317 Seeno Avenue, Placer, CARead MoreSee Full Profile
CGECNo Reviews563 Idaho Maryland Road Ste C, Grass Valley, CARead MoreSee Full Profile
FamcoNo Reviews915 Highland Pointe Drive, Roseville, CA
Started as a commercial contractor branched off into residential. We provide fast, professional service for the lowest rates in the industry.Read MoreSee Full Profile
PowurNo Reviews126 South Goldfield Road, Mesa, AZ
We are a company that finds you the best solar deal from top providers. With a $0 down payment we guarantee your bill reduces 20-50%. Send over utility bill and within 15 minutes your free install appointment will be set. Get a quote to see how much you will save!Read MoreSee Full Profile
SunPower by Hooked On SolarNo Reviews820 Sterling Parkway Suite 70, Lincoln, CA
SunPower by Hooked On Solar is a Master Dealer. SunPower’s Master Dealers are hand-picked from SunPower’s Elite Dealers and receive the greatest level of training among all SunPower dealers. Further, SunPower Master Dealers are held to the highest levels of customer satisfaction, installation quality and service excellence. SunPower by Hooked On Solar is dedicated to explaining the truth behind why all solar panel technology is NOT created equal and take the time to explain the pro's and cons of all financial programs available.Read MoreSee Full Profile
Auburn Solar4458 Grass Valley Highway, Auburn, CA
B Green, LLC1597 Cole Blvd Ste 300, Golden, CO
Byers Enterprises, Inc.11773 Slow Poke Ln, Grass Valley, CA
California Green Energy ConstructionPO Box 257, Chicago Park, CA
California Solar Electric Company149 East Main Street, Grass Valley, CA
Energy Savings Califonia1024 Iron Point Road, Folsom, CA
Hooked on Solar, Inc.820 Sterling Parkway, Suite 70, Lincoln, CA
Ilum Solar820 26th Street, Unit 6, Sacramento, CA
Plan It Solar, Inc.563 Idaho Maryland Road, Grass Valley, CA
RCI Solar Electric27487 Kennefick Road, Galt, CA
Skylink Solar, Inc.3137 Swetzer Road, Loomis, CA
Solar Energy Installers1601 N. Sepulveda Blvd #227, HQ in Manhattan Beach, CA
SolarHut, LLC426 Placerville Drive, Placerville, CA
SST Construction, LLC2731 Citrus Road, Suite D, Rancho Cordova, CA
Sunrise Energy Solutions, Inc.1780 Vernon Street, #6, Roseville, CA
Get free estimates from local solar contractors
Grass Valley Solar Panel Installation
More solar panels have been installed in California than any other state in the country. In fact , according to the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), more than 4.8 Million CA homes already have solar panels installed and that number is only going to go up in the coming years. Furthermore, considering that solar energy prices in Sacramento, Lincoln, Manteca, Stockton, and Fairfield have decreased more than 60% in the last five years, it make sense why more Grass Valley homeowners are moving from traditional electricity to solar panels for the home.
Grass Valley Solar Energy Return On Investment (ROI)
The average cost to install solar panels in Grass Valley is approximately $21,000. While that number is expected to go down (considering solar takes up only 14% of the state’s electricity), sadly, solar panel jobs in Grass Valley cost a bit more than the national average. New solar panel projects, across the country, start at $17,000.
Nonetheless, unlike other states or cities that don’t see as much as sun as Grass Valley, Golden State homeowners save quite a bit of money when they install solar panels. In fact, Grass Valley homeowners can save nearly $11,000 over 20 years after hiring a solar panel company. In fact, solar panel installers say the panels can cut monthly electric bills by 50% to 90%.
As you can see, researching solar panel companies in Grass Valley is not only the right decision now, but it’s a smart decision for years to come.
Grass Valley Solar Energy Financing & Rebates
Unlike a small plumbing job, $21,000 is a steep price for something you can’t visualize day in and day out. Fortunately, there are plenty of rebates and tax incentives the Golden State offers, both on the state and city level. Furthermore, there are various financing options all Grass Valley homeowners can take advantage of, if you need.
Tax Incentives & Other Rebates for Grass Valley Homeowners
- Federal Tax Credits for Solar Energy Systems: 30% of the total cost. This credit is good through Dec. 31, 2019.
- Sell Extra Energy: Electric companies in Grass Valley will actually pay you for that excess energy.
- California Solar Initiative (CSI) Rebates: The CSI Program pays solar consumers an incentive based on system performance. You can choose a lump-sum payment or monthly payments. The Expected Performance-Based Buydown (EPBB) is the upfront incentive available only for smaller systems. See more at Go Solar California.
- California Property Tax Exclusion for Solar Energy Systems: The solar energy equipment does not add value to your home and therefore, should not be included on your tax bill.
Believe it or not, there are plenty of other CA tax incentives for all new solar panels. See if you quality for additional rebates at energy.gov.
- Energy-Efficient Mortgages (EEMs): Credits a home's energy efficiency in the mortgage itself. A home energy rater conducts a home energy rating before financing is approved. This rating verifies that your home is energy efficient.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, raising your mortgage the amount you owe for the solar panel installation.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): Loans in stages. Good if making big payments to Grass Valley contractor in stages. HELOC’s carry adjustable interest rates.
- Home Equity Loan: Just like a normal mortgage, but for a renovation. They contain fixed interest rates.
- Personal Loan or Line of Credit: Good for smaller solar energy projects. Personal loans carry high interest rates.
- FHA 203(K) Mortgage: Refinance and create a new loan at the same time. Loan is based on estimated value after the renovation.
Grass Valley Solar Panel Licensing
It may not be required in all states, but any contractor installing solar panels in Grass Valley needs to obtain a few solar licenses:
- California Solar Contractors’ License: C-46 or C-10 OR
- A/B General Building Contractors’ License: Plus education requirements
As such, no matter what solar energy project you’re considering, make sure your solar panel installer has one of the licenses mentioned above.