Find the best solar contractors today!
Top Solar Panel Companies in Menlo Park
LU Construction(2)39899 Balentine Dr, Newark, CA
CA Home Remodeling, Renovations, Home Improvements and Construction Services by L U Construction. We have built our excellent reputation over the years by putting our hearts and passion into every project we take on. We treat every project as if we are working on our own homes. Perfection is the standard practice when we take on a project and complete satisfaction is what we expect and guarantee.Read MoreSee Full Profile
Carl R Lee CorporationNo ReviewsAll of California, San Francisco, CARead MoreSee Full Profile
West Coast SolarNo Reviews2155 Elkins Way Suite F, Brentwood, CARead MoreSee Full Profile
American Array Solar, Inc.3151 Independence Drive, Livermore, CA
Archbold Electric, Inc.303 Convention Way, Suite 6, Redwood City, CA
Future Vision Remodeling, Inc.1999 South Bascom Avenue, Suite 700, Campbell, CA
Golden Gate Power870 Market Street, Suite 815, San Francisco, CA
GOSOLARPROS426 14th Street Suite #212, Modesto, CA
Green Wolf Energy, Inc.2479 Industrial Park West, Suite C, Hayward, CA
Hafen Construction576 9th Street, Richmond, CA
Housing Construction Incorporation731 Chestnut Street, Suite C, San Francisco, CA
Quality First Home Improvement, Inc.6545 Sunrise Boulevard, Suite 202, Citrus Heights, CA
Semper Solaris1805 John Tower's Ave, El Cajon, CA
Silverline Home Remodeling, Inc.6829 Canoga Avenue, Canoga Park, CA
Simmitri, Inc.1999 South Bascom Avenue, Suite 700, Campbell, CA
Solar Electric Maintenance Direct1524 Theresa Avenue, Campbell, CA
Solar Energy Installers1601 N. Sepulveda Blvd #227, HQ in Manhattan Beach, CA
Solar Network, Inc. dba Repower1152 Stealth Street, Livermore, CA
Warmack Electric3509 Pepperwood Terrace, Suite 104, Fremont, CA
Get free estimates from local solar contractors
Install Electric Solar Panels
Average Project Cost: $22,876Menlo Park, CA 04/08/2018
Menlo Park Solar Panel Installation
More solar panels have been installed in California than any other state in the country. In fact , according to the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), more than 4.8 Million CA homes already have solar panels installed and that number is only going to go up in the coming years. Furthermore, considering that solar energy prices in Hayward, Tracy, Stockton, Salinas, and Vacaville have decreased more than 60% in the last five years, it make sense why more Menlo Park homeowners are moving from traditional electricity to solar panels for the home.
Menlo Park Solar Energy Return On Investment (ROI)
The average cost to install solar panels in Menlo Park is approximately $21,000. While that number is expected to go down (considering solar takes up only 14% of the state’s electricity), sadly, solar panel jobs in Menlo Park cost a bit more than the national average. New solar panel projects, across the country, start at $17,000.
Nonetheless, unlike other states or cities that don’t see as much as sun as Menlo Park, Golden State homeowners save quite a bit of money when they install solar panels. In fact, Menlo Park homeowners can save nearly $11,000 over 20 years after hiring a solar panel company. In fact, solar panel installers say the panels can cut monthly electric bills by 50% to 90%.
As you can see, researching solar panel companies in Menlo Park is not only the right decision now, but it’s a smart decision for years to come.
Menlo Park Solar Energy Financing & Rebates
Unlike a small plumbing job, $21,000 is a steep price for something you can’t visualize day in and day out. Fortunately, there are plenty of rebates and tax incentives the Golden State offers, both on the state and city level. Furthermore, there are various financing options all Menlo Park homeowners can take advantage of, if you need.
Tax Incentives & Other Rebates for Menlo Park Homeowners
- Federal Tax Credits for Solar Energy Systems: 30% of the total cost. This credit is good through Dec. 31, 2019.
- Sell Extra Energy: Electric companies in Menlo Park will actually pay you for that excess energy.
- California Solar Initiative (CSI) Rebates: The CSI Program pays solar consumers an incentive based on system performance. You can choose a lump-sum payment or monthly payments. The Expected Performance-Based Buydown (EPBB) is the upfront incentive available only for smaller systems. See more at Go Solar California.
- California Property Tax Exclusion for Solar Energy Systems: The solar energy equipment does not add value to your home and therefore, should not be included on your tax bill.
Believe it or not, there are plenty of other CA tax incentives for all new solar panels. See if you quality for additional rebates at energy.gov.
- Energy-Efficient Mortgages (EEMs): Credits a home's energy efficiency in the mortgage itself. A home energy rater conducts a home energy rating before financing is approved. This rating verifies that your home is energy efficient.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, raising your mortgage the amount you owe for the solar panel installation.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): Loans in stages. Good if making big payments to Menlo Park contractor in stages. HELOC’s carry adjustable interest rates.
- Home Equity Loan: Just like a normal mortgage, but for a renovation. They contain fixed interest rates.
- Personal Loan or Line of Credit: Good for smaller solar energy projects. Personal loans carry high interest rates.
- FHA 203(K) Mortgage: Refinance and create a new loan at the same time. Loan is based on estimated value after the renovation.
Menlo Park Solar Panel Licensing
It may not be required in all states, but any contractor installing solar panels in Menlo Park needs to obtain a few solar licenses:
- California Solar Contractors’ License: C-46 or C-10 OR
- A/B General Building Contractors’ License: Plus education requirements
As such, no matter what solar energy project you’re considering, make sure your solar panel installer has one of the licenses mentioned above.