Find the best kitchen remodeling contractors today!
Browse Our Directory of Additions & Remodels Pros
Top kitchen Remodel Contractors in Bakersfield
email@example.comNo ReviewsP.O Box 40695, Bakersfield, CARead MoreSee Full Profile
All Around Construction4805 Centennial PLaza Way, Suite 200A, Bakersfield, CA
Banducci Construction11613 Yarborough Avenue, Bakersfield, CA
BrightWood Construction9530 Hageman Road, Suite B147, Bakersfield, CA
Dirt To Doorknobs15658 Breckenridge Road, Bakersfield, CA
Kern Construction, Inc.P.O. Box 20523, Bakersfield, CA
Mark Wattenbarger Construction13809 Bordeaux Court, Bakersfield, CA
Mo / Jas Construction, Inc.1309 South H Street, Bakersfield, CA
Pacific General Building Contractor22061 Avenue 250, Lindsay, CA
Roger Duke Construction2029 South Prospect, Porterville, CA
Wheeks Construction Services, Inc.3335 Pegasus Drive, Suite 307, Bakersfield, CA
Get free estimates from local addition & remodel contractors
Average Project Cost: $27,820Bakersfield, CA 08/18/2017
- Timing is flexible
- Single family house or condo
Average Project Cost: $27,820Bakersfield, CA 09/08/2017
- 1 - 2 months
- Single family house or condo
Bakersfield Kitchen Remodeling
The kitchen is the heart of the home and to no surprise, many Bakersfield homeowners remodel their kitchens before any other room in the house. Furthermore, according to the Home Improvement Research Institute, homeowners in Palmdale, Fresno, and Lancaster are planning a kitchen remodel in the next five years. As such, you’re not the only Bakersfield homeowner looking for a reputable and experienced kitchen renovator.
Bakersfield Kitchen Remodel Return On Investment (ROI)
The average kitchen remodeling cost in Bakersfield is $32,000. Unsurprisingly, kitchen renovation jobs in Bakersfield are more expensive than the national average. The average cost of a kitchen remodel in the U.S. is approximately $20,000.
Despite higher costs in Bakersfield, homeowners recoup more money after a kitchen reno. According to Remodeling’s Cost Vs. Value report, Bakersfield homeowners earn between 50% and 95% of that cost back when you sell your home. The national average ranges between 60% and 80%. Therefore, while the minimum ROI is less in Bakersfield, the potential payoff is much higher than the national average.
Bakersfield Kitchen Renovation Financing
Kitchen remodels are expensive, whether you live in Southern or Northern California. Luckily, if you can’t pay for the entire kitchen remodel out-of-pocket, all Bakersfield homeowners can take advantage of the following kitchen renovation financing options:
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): Loans in stages. Good if making big payments to Bakersfield kitchen remodeling contractor in stages. HELOC’s carry adjustable interest rates.
- FHA 203(K) Mortgage: Refinance and create a new loan at the same time. Loan is based on estimated value after the renovation.
- Personal Loan or Line of Credit: Good for smaller kitchen projects. Personal loans carry high interest rates.
- Home Equity Loan: Just like a normal mortgage, but for a renovation. They contain fixed interest rates.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, raising your mortgage the amount you owe for the kitchen remodel.
- Energy-Efficient Mortgages (EEMs): Credits a home's energy efficiency in the mortgage itself. A home energy rater conducts a home energy rating before financing is approved. This rating verifies that your home is energy efficient.
Bakersfield Contractor Licensing
Some states do not require contractor licenses for certain trades, but Bakersfield, CA does. Any professional (or non-professional for that matter) hired to perform any kitchen work in Bakersfield valued at $500 or more must hold a current, valid license from the California Contractors State License Board (CSLB).
The CSLB licenses contractors in 43 different classifications, ranging from general contracting to plumbing, electrical and more!
So, whether you’re starting a cabinet installation, kitchen countertop replacement, floor refinishing or various other kitchen remodeling jobs, your kitchen remodeling contractor most hold a valid CSLB license.