Find the best kitchen remodeling contractors today!
Top kitchen Remodel Contractors in Los Gatos
Rebozzi Construction, Inc.5765 Winfield Blvd., Ste. 4, San Jose, CA
Robert Bytheway General ContractorP O Box 1501, Boulder Creek, CA
Royal Home Builders, Inc6016 Whitsett Avenue, Suite 7, North Hollywood, CA
S & I Construction, Inc.1101 Marina Village Pkwy, Unit 201, Alameda, CA
S and L Remodeling and Design, Inc.1519 Contra Costa Boulevard, Pleasant Hill, CA
Sears Home Improvement - KitchensServing You Locally, HQ'd in Hoffman Estates, IL
Silverline Home Remodeling, Inc.6829 Canoga Avenue, Canoga Park, CA
Superb Builders, Inc.1 Plaza View Lane, Foster City, CA
Treeium, Inc.640 West California Ave, Sunnyvale, CA
Vertical Edge Construction5325 Silver Garden Way, San Jose, CA
Visionary Home Remodeling, Inc.1400 Coleman ave, unit D24, Santa Clara, CA
Xanadu Construction, Inc.13931 Damon Lane, Saratoga, CA
Zel Construction, Inc.5613 Waltrip Lane, San Jose, CA
Get free estimates from local addition & remodel contractors
Average Project Cost: $39,651Los Gatos, CA 01/19/2018
- What type of remodeling project is this? Kitchen
- What changes will be included in this remodel? Floorplan, Countertops, Sinks
Los Gatos Kitchen Remodeling
The kitchen is the heart of the home and to no surprise, many Los Gatos homeowners remodel their kitchens before any other room in the house. Furthermore, according to the Home Improvement Research Institute, homeowners in Modesto, Vallejo, Antioch, Oakland, and Tracy are planning a kitchen remodel in the next five years. As such, you’re not the only Los Gatos homeowner looking for a reputable and experienced kitchen renovator.
Los Gatos Kitchen Remodel Return On Investment (ROI)
The average kitchen remodeling cost in Los Gatos is $32,000. Unsurprisingly, kitchen renovation jobs in Los Gatos are more expensive than the national average. The average cost of a kitchen remodel in the U.S. is approximately $20,000.
Despite higher costs in Los Gatos, homeowners recoup more money after a kitchen reno. According to Remodeling’s Cost Vs. Value report, Los Gatos homeowners earn between 50% and 95% of that cost back when you sell your home. The national average ranges between 60% and 80%. Therefore, while the minimum ROI is less in Los Gatos, the potential payoff is much higher than the national average.
Los Gatos Kitchen Renovation Financing
Kitchen remodels are expensive, whether you live in Southern or Northern California. Luckily, if you can’t pay for the entire kitchen remodel out-of-pocket, all Los Gatos homeowners can take advantage of the following kitchen renovation financing options:
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): Loans in stages. Good if making big payments to Los Gatos kitchen remodeling contractor in stages. HELOC’s carry adjustable interest rates.
- FHA 203(K) Mortgage: Refinance and create a new loan at the same time. Loan is based on estimated value after the renovation.
- Personal Loan or Line of Credit: Good for smaller kitchen projects. Personal loans carry high interest rates.
- Home Equity Loan: Just like a normal mortgage, but for a renovation. They contain fixed interest rates.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, raising your mortgage the amount you owe for the kitchen remodel.
- Energy-Efficient Mortgages (EEMs): Credits a home's energy efficiency in the mortgage itself. A home energy rater conducts a home energy rating before financing is approved. This rating verifies that your home is energy efficient.
Los Gatos Contractor Licensing
Some states do not require contractor licenses for certain trades, but Los Gatos, CA does. Any professional (or non-professional for that matter) hired to perform any kitchen work in Los Gatos valued at $500 or more must hold a current, valid license from the California Contractors State License Board (CSLB).
The CSLB licenses contractors in 43 different classifications, ranging from general contracting to plumbing, electrical and more!
So, whether you’re starting a cabinet installation, kitchen countertop replacement, floor refinishing or various other kitchen remodeling jobs, your kitchen remodeling contractor most hold a valid CSLB license.