Find the best multiple room remodelers near you!
Top Home Remodeling Contractors in Cathedral City, CA
Huerta Construction and Remodeling(1)19667 corwin Rd, Apple-valley , CARead MoreSee Full Profile
Gale Force Construction, Inc.No Reviews16835 Algonquin St, Suite 274, Huntington Beach, CARead MoreSee Full Profile
Home Pro RemodelingNo Reviews8375 Ventura Blvd #378, Tarzana, CA
Here at Home Pro Green Remodeling, our team of highly skilled, certified, and creative professionals are committed to providing the highest quality of workmanship, reliability, experience, and customer satisfaction. Our team consists of fully licensed, bonded and insured architects, interior designers, master carpenters and other service technicians who always strive on exceeding our customers’ expectations.Read MoreSee Full Profile
CastleRock BuildersPO Box 5756, La Quinta, CA
GF Investment Group, Inc.PO Box 5592, La Quinta, CA
Greg Patterson ConstructionPO Box 1292, Morongo Valley, CA
James M ReileyPO Box 392, Cathedral City, CA
Jeff L. Strait330 Alabama Street, Suite K, Redlands, CA
Jorge BarceloPO Box 6454, La Quinta, CA
JPEZ Framing and More31010 San Vincente Avenue, Cathedral City, CA
Lang Construction80590 Camino San Gregorio, Indio, CA
Legacy Constructors, Inc.78365 Highway111, Suite 396, La Quinta, CA
Lundquist Construction920 Vella Road, Palm Springs, CA
Modern Touch Construction68145 Modalo Road, Cathedral City, CA
Serkan ErenayPO Box 431, South Pasadena, CA
Sunquest Builders, Inc.404 New York St #7098, Redlands, CA
Sutton Remodeling Specialists41905 Boardwalk, Suite G, Palm Desert, CA
Get free estimates from local addition & remodel contractors
Top Reviewed Pros
Huerta Construction and Remodeling(1)
Huerta Construction and Remodeling received a 5-star review from Cristy C. Huerta Construction and Remodeling completed the home remodeling project on Apr 4, 2018.Read More
Cathedral City Home Remodeling
Remodeling multiple rooms, as opposed to an individual room, is quickly becoming the norm rather than the exception. As opposed to a specific sink issue where you might call a plumber or a carpet repair where you might call a flooring contractor, renovating multiple rooms demands expertise across the board. To no surprise, major renovation projects are very popular in Cathedral City right now. Luckily, we’ve found the top home remodeling contractors near you!
Major Renovation Costs In Cathedral City
As you browse our home remodeling companies, it’s always a good to have a rough idea of local costs. As opposed to individual projects, remodeling multiple rooms means various costs across the home. Fortunately, we researched average home renovation prices for various rooms Cathedral City, as well as in Hemet, Temecula, Ontario, Oceanside, and Corona.
- Cathedral City Kitchen Remodeling Cost: $30,000 - $40,000
- Cathedral City Bathroom Remodeling Cost: $9,000 - $20,000
- Cathedral City Flooring Cost: $2,000 - $6,000
- Cathedral City Wall Cost: $1,000 - $8,000
- Cathedral City Basement Remodeling Cost: $18,000 - $24,000
- Cathedral City Garage Remodeling Cost: $13,000 - $23,000
- Cathedral City Living/Dining Room Remodeling Cost: $5,000 - $15,000
As you can see, you have plenty of options when it comes to remodeling multiple rooms. All in all, the total cost to remodel multiple rooms in Cathedral City ranges between $70,000 and $110,000.
Cathedral City Home Remodeling Trends
Now that you know where to remodel, you have to consider how you’re going to design your dream home. No matter what, always think about personal taste first. After all, you’re the one living in your home, using your bathroom and spending time in your kitchen.
Nonetheless, it’s always a good idea to know how others in the area are remodeling. After analyzing popular multiple room projects in Cathedral City, as well as in Hemet, Temecula, Ontario, Oceanside, and Corona, the following trends stood out:
- Colorful Kitchens: Black and white will always be in vogue, but bright and lively kitchens are popping up across Cathedral City, CA. Whether it’s the backsplash, counters or your appliances, put some color into it.
- Technology Integration: Whether in the bathroom, garage, kitchen or living room, technology is being integrated across the home. Make your life easier by installing some “smart” additions.
- Inside-Out Living: We’re lucky to get mostly blue skies in Cathedral City throughout the year. To no surprise, more local homeowners are amplifying their outdoors and extending their living spaces outside. After all, why stay inside when you can lie comfortably on a couch outside!
- Open Concepts: Whether you have a large home or small, open concepts are in and that trend is not going away anytime soon. Make your life easier and less stressful by knocking down a few walls.
- Smart Storage: We all need more storage. Fortunately, whether in the kitchen, bathroom or mudroom, Cathedral City homeowners are insisting their remodeling contractors add additional storage options all around the house.
How To Save Money On Your Cathedral City Renovation
By now, you’re probably wondering how you’re going to afford such an expensive home remodel. Luckily, just like most remodeling projects, there are ways to shed some costs and lower that final Cathedral City home renovation bill.
- Keep Load-Bearing Walls: These walls carry a lot of weight and as such, are very expensive to remove. Try to design around the wall.
- Do Not Change Kitchen or Bathroom Layout: Many assume it’s cheap to move a refrigerator from one side of the room to the other. However, if there’s no outlet near your desired location, how will it cool? If you’re changing your kitchen or bathroom layout, make sure the necessary electrical and plumbing are already set up. If you have to move either, your home remodeling budget will go up.
- Buy Materials Yourself: Certain contractors can get bulk discounts on some materials, but many materials are available at your local hardware store. Save your contractor a trip, and yourself cash, by buying your own materials.
- Choose Local Materials: Certain materials, such as Maple and Cypress wood, are sourced from the East Coast. Since they have to travel farther, your custom floors may cost more. As such, choose materials that are sourced in California or along the West Coast.
- Interview Multiple Contractors: Remodeling companies were not created equal. One pro who has been in the business for one year may charge less than a 20-year veteran. Others may charge more because they know their quality is superior. No matter the case, it pays to interview at least three pros to ensure you find the right home remodel contractor for your project.
How To Find The Right Cathedral City Contractor
Speaking of interviews, there are certain questions you need answers to before signing on that dotted line. Below are a few common questions homeowners in Cathedral City ask before hiring any major renovation contractor:
- Are you licensed and do you have Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation? If so, may I have a copy?
- When are payments due?
- Will I need to move out?
- Do you give written warranties?
- Can I see your recent reviews?
- Have you done similar projects and can I see the results?
- Once the project begins, what will I need to do?
Cathedral City Home Renovation Financing
Very few projects are inexpensive. If you’re worried about the costs, you’re not alone. Many Cathedral City residents require financing when it comes to remodeling multiple rooms. Just like a loan, you have a few options when it comes to financing.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, raising your mortgage the amount you owe for the major home remodel.
- FHA 203(K) Mortgage: Refinance and create a new loan at the same time. Loan is based on estimated value after the remodel.
- Home Equity Loan: Just like a normal mortgage, but for a renovation. They contain fixed interest rates.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): Loans in stages. Good if making big payments to a Cathedral City contractor in stages. HELOC’s carry adjustable interest rates.
- Energy-Efficient Mortgages (EEMs): Credits a home's energy efficiency in the mortgage itself. A home energy rater conducts a home energy rating before financing is approved. This rating verifies that your home is energy efficient.
- Personal Loan or Line of Credit: Good for smaller projects, but these loans carry high interest rates.
Cathedral City Contractor Licensing
No matter what project you’re undertaking, make sure your Cathedral City contractor is licensed and insured. In fact, it’s the law that all CA contractors charging at least $500 for their home remodeling work require a license.
The California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) licenses contractors in 43 different trades. So, when it comes to remodeling multiple rooms, your contractor must be licensed.
Find A Remodeling Contractor In Cathedral City
Big remodeling projects are scary, but after looking over all reviews and information above, you have what it takes to embark on a successful home remodel. As such, let us help you find the best home remodeling companies in Cathedral City.