Find the best multiple room remodelers near you!
Browse Our Directory of Additions & Remodels Pros
Top Home Remodeling Contractors in Fairfax, CA
LU Construction(2)39899 Balentine Dr, Newark, CA
CA Home Remodeling, Renovations, Home Improvements and Construction Services by L U Construction. We have built our excellent reputation over the years by putting our hearts and passion into every project we take on. We treat every project as if we are working on our own homes. Perfection is the standard practice when we take on a project and complete satisfaction is what we expect and guarantee.Read MoreSee Full Profile
EOL BuildersNo Reviews501 South Fairfax Suite #215, Los Angeles, CA
Everlast Construction,INCNo Reviews1941 Oak Park Blvd #70 Pleasant Hill, Pleasant Hill, CA
Today, companies must overcome increasing challenges to meet customer needs and create shareholder values. These challenges are not just due to more difficult economic times. They result from increased competitive pressures and complexities in delivering a quality product. Companies must offer differentiated products at competitive prices in an ever-shorter amount of time. They need an extended team and design partner that can be trusted to deliver quality solutions on time. We provide complete REMODELING services that meet all your hardware design needs. Our services range from system architecture to design to development to testing and to sustaining. We take pride in our technical capabilities to complete and customize any project no matter how complex the requirements may be. Moreover, we have the design methodologies to ensure consistent quality designs resulting in lower total cost of ownership for our clients. Everlast construction 3 step process Design Products and Materials Construction Techniques Why Green Home? Energy Efficiency Good Indoor Air Quality Non-Toxic, Sustainable and/or Recycled Materials Save Money on Your Energy and Water Bills Reduced Maintenance Costs Increased Home Value Healthier Living Spaces A Healthier Planet and Better Future for AllRead MoreSee Full Profile
Rabanales LandscapeNo Reviews1906 89th Ave, Oakland, CA
Superb Builders Inc.No Reviews333 Market Street Suite #1300, San Francisco, CA
Accis Builders, Inc.5216 Mohican Way, Antioch, CA
Building Solutions2171 East Francisco Boulevard, Suite C, San Rafael, CA
California Construction Co710 Kirkpatrick Drive, Hollister, CA
Cherokee ConstructionPO Box 70007, Pointe Richmond, CA
Concept Construction650 Ellis, San Francisco, CA
Flint Hood Construction29 Arroyo Road, Fairfax, CA
Green Bay Remodeling, Inc.1170 Burnett Avenue, Concord, CA
Heidi Grace Builders, Inc.751 East Blythedale Avenue, Suite 643, Mill Valley, CA
HKZ Consulting Engineers, LLC201 Spear Street, Suite 1100, San Francisco, CA
Keller PacificPO Box 1937, Rohnert Park, CA
Kodiak Construction Co.PO Box 634, Mill Valley, CA
Longevity Construction Company55 Upland Drive, Petaluma, CA
M Group ConstructionPO Box 813, Bolinas, CA
Marin Construction1705 Gilrix Street, Petaluma, CA
Mill Valley Builders, Inc.240 Redwood Highway, Suite 5, Mill Valley, CA
Get free estimates from local addition & remodel contractors
Fairfax Home Remodeling
Remodeling multiple rooms, as opposed to an individual room, is quickly becoming the norm rather than the exception. As opposed to a specific sink issue where you might call a plumber or a carpet repair where you might call a flooring contractor, renovating multiple rooms demands expertise across the board. To no surprise, major renovation projects are very popular in Fairfax right now. Luckily, we’ve found the top home remodeling contractors near you!
Major Renovation Costs In Fairfax
As you browse our home remodeling companies, it’s always a good to have a rough idea of local costs. As opposed to individual projects, remodeling multiple rooms means various costs across the home. Fortunately, we researched average home renovation prices for various rooms Fairfax, as well as in Fairfield, Fremont, Roseville, Stockton, and Vallejo.
- Fairfax Kitchen Remodeling Cost: $30,000 - $40,000
- Fairfax Bathroom Remodeling Cost: $9,000 - $20,000
- Fairfax Flooring Cost: $2,000 - $6,000
- Fairfax Wall Cost: $1,000 - $8,000
- Fairfax Basement Remodeling Cost: $18,000 - $24,000
- Fairfax Garage Remodeling Cost: $13,000 - $23,000
- Fairfax Living/Dining Room Remodeling Cost: $5,000 - $15,000
As you can see, you have plenty of options when it comes to remodeling multiple rooms. All in all, the total cost to remodel multiple rooms in Fairfax ranges between $70,000 and $110,000.
Fairfax Home Remodeling Trends
Now that you know where to remodel, you have to consider how you’re going to design your dream home. No matter what, always think about personal taste first. After all, you’re the one living in your home, using your bathroom and spending time in your kitchen.
Nonetheless, it’s always a good idea to know how others in the area are remodeling. After analyzing popular multiple room projects in Fairfax, as well as in Fairfield, Fremont, Roseville, Stockton, and Vallejo, the following trends stood out:
- Colorful Kitchens: Black and white will always be in vogue, but bright and lively kitchens are popping up across Fairfax, CA. Whether it’s the backsplash, counters or your appliances, put some color into it.
- Technology Integration: Whether in the bathroom, garage, kitchen or living room, technology is being integrated across the home. Make your life easier by installing some “smart” additions.
- Inside-Out Living: We’re lucky to get mostly blue skies in Fairfax throughout the year. To no surprise, more local homeowners are amplifying their outdoors and extending their living spaces outside. After all, why stay inside when you can lie comfortably on a couch outside!
- Open Concepts: Whether you have a large home or small, open concepts are in and that trend is not going away anytime soon. Make your life easier and less stressful by knocking down a few walls.
- Smart Storage: We all need more storage. Fortunately, whether in the kitchen, bathroom or mudroom, Fairfax homeowners are insisting their remodeling contractors add additional storage options all around the house.
How To Save Money On Your Fairfax Renovation
By now, you’re probably wondering how you’re going to afford such an expensive home remodel. Luckily, just like most remodeling projects, there are ways to shed some costs and lower that final Fairfax home renovation bill.
- Keep Load-Bearing Walls: These walls carry a lot of weight and as such, are very expensive to remove. Try to design around the wall.
- Do Not Change Kitchen or Bathroom Layout: Many assume it’s cheap to move a refrigerator from one side of the room to the other. However, if there’s no outlet near your desired location, how will it cool? If you’re changing your kitchen or bathroom layout, make sure the necessary electrical and plumbing are already set up. If you have to move either, your home remodeling budget will go up.
- Buy Materials Yourself: Certain contractors can get bulk discounts on some materials, but many materials are available at your local hardware store. Save your contractor a trip, and yourself cash, by buying your own materials.
- Choose Local Materials: Certain materials, such as Maple and Cypress wood, are sourced from the East Coast. Since they have to travel farther, your custom floors may cost more. As such, choose materials that are sourced in California or along the West Coast.
- Interview Multiple Contractors: Remodeling companies were not created equal. One pro who has been in the business for one year may charge less than a 20-year veteran. Others may charge more because they know their quality is superior. No matter the case, it pays to interview at least three pros to ensure you find the right home remodel contractor for your project.
How To Find The Right Fairfax Contractor
Speaking of interviews, there are certain questions you need answers to before signing on that dotted line. Below are a few common questions homeowners in Fairfax ask before hiring any major renovation contractor:
- Are you licensed and do you have Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation? If so, may I have a copy?
- When are payments due?
- Will I need to move out?
- Do you give written warranties?
- Can I see your recent reviews?
- Have you done similar projects and can I see the results?
- Once the project begins, what will I need to do?
Fairfax Home Renovation Financing
Very few projects are inexpensive. If you’re worried about the costs, you’re not alone. Many Fairfax residents require financing when it comes to remodeling multiple rooms. Just like a loan, you have a few options when it comes to financing.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, raising your mortgage the amount you owe for the major home remodel.
- FHA 203(K) Mortgage: Refinance and create a new loan at the same time. Loan is based on estimated value after the remodel.
- Home Equity Loan: Just like a normal mortgage, but for a renovation. They contain fixed interest rates.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): Loans in stages. Good if making big payments to a Fairfax contractor in stages. HELOC’s carry adjustable interest rates.
- Energy-Efficient Mortgages (EEMs): Credits a home's energy efficiency in the mortgage itself. A home energy rater conducts a home energy rating before financing is approved. This rating verifies that your home is energy efficient.
- Personal Loan or Line of Credit: Good for smaller projects, but these loans carry high interest rates.
Fairfax Contractor Licensing
No matter what project you’re undertaking, make sure your Fairfax contractor is licensed and insured. In fact, it’s the law that all CA contractors charging at least $500 for their home remodeling work require a license.
The California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) licenses contractors in 43 different trades. So, when it comes to remodeling multiple rooms, your contractor must be licensed.
Find A Remodeling Contractor In Fairfax
Big remodeling projects are scary, but after looking over all reviews and information above, you have what it takes to embark on a successful home remodel. As such, let us help you find the best home remodeling companies in Fairfax.