Find the best solar contractors today!
Browse Our Directory of Solar Electric, Heating & Cooling Pros
Top Solar Panel Companies in Goleta
Korling(1)126 Ash Street, Unit 9#, Carpinteria, CARead MoreSee Full Profile
A.M. Sun SolarNo Reviews8793 Plata Ln Suite A, Atascadero, CA
16 years in buisness and pride are selfs on installation and customer serviceRead MoreSee Full Profile
Angelic ConstructionNo ReviewsPO BOX 754, Woodland Hills, CA
Our company is fully Licensed, Insured and Bonded! We are able to help you with anything from inside to the outside of your home. Furthermore, we pride ourselves in the excellent customer service our company provides from the beginning to the end of every project.Read MoreSee Full Profile
PowurNo Reviews126 South Goldfield Road, Mesa, AZ
We are a company that finds you the best solar deal from top providers. With a $0 down payment we guarantee your bill reduces 20-50%. Send over utility bill and within 15 minutes your free install appointment will be set. Get a quote to see how much you will save!Read MoreSee Full Profile
Quick Systems.No Reviews1805 Angers Ct, Bakersfield, CARead MoreSee Full Profile
A.M. Sun Solar8793 Plata Lane, Suite A, Atascadero, CA
Aeterna Energy, LLC2645 Nutmeg Circle, Simi Valley, CA
B Green, LLC1597 Cole Blvd Ste 300, Golden, CO
Crown Solar Electric, Inc.1534 North Moorpark Road, Thousand Oaks, CA
Energy Service Partners, Inc.20720 Leapwood Avenue, Suite E, Carson, CA
Quantum Solar Designs, Inc.1270 Avenida Acaso, Suite D, Camarillo, CA
Smart72, Inc.2580 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA
Solar Energy Installers1601 N. Sepulveda Blvd #227, HQ in Manhattan Beach, CA
Get free estimates from local solar contractors
Top Reviewed Pros
Korling received a 5-star review from Teresa C. Korling completed the home remodeling project on Sep 23, 2015.Read More
Goleta Solar Panel Installation
More solar panels have been installed in California than any other state in the country. In fact , according to the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), more than 4.8 Million CA homes already have solar panels installed and that number is only going to go up in the coming years. Furthermore, considering that solar energy prices in Bakersfield, and Lancaster have decreased more than 60% in the last five years, it make sense why more Goleta homeowners are moving from traditional electricity to solar panels for the home.
Goleta Solar Energy Return On Investment (ROI)
The average cost to install solar panels in Goleta is approximately $21,000. While that number is expected to go down (considering solar takes up only 14% of the state’s electricity), sadly, solar panel jobs in Goleta cost a bit more than the national average. New solar panel projects, across the country, start at $17,000.
Nonetheless, unlike other states or cities that don’t see as much as sun as Goleta, Golden State homeowners save quite a bit of money when they install solar panels. In fact, Goleta homeowners can save nearly $11,000 over 20 years after hiring a solar panel company. In fact, solar panel installers say the panels can cut monthly electric bills by 50% to 90%.
As you can see, researching solar panel companies in Goleta is not only the right decision now, but it’s a smart decision for years to come.
Goleta Solar Energy Financing & Rebates
Unlike a small plumbing job, $21,000 is a steep price for something you can’t visualize day in and day out. Fortunately, there are plenty of rebates and tax incentives the Golden State offers, both on the state and city level. Furthermore, there are various financing options all Goleta homeowners can take advantage of, if you need.
Tax Incentives & Other Rebates for Goleta Homeowners
- Federal Tax Credits for Solar Energy Systems: 30% of the total cost. This credit is good through Dec. 31, 2019.
- Sell Extra Energy: Electric companies in Goleta will actually pay you for that excess energy.
- California Solar Initiative (CSI) Rebates: The CSI Program pays solar consumers an incentive based on system performance. You can choose a lump-sum payment or monthly payments. The Expected Performance-Based Buydown (EPBB) is the upfront incentive available only for smaller systems. See more at Go Solar California.
- California Property Tax Exclusion for Solar Energy Systems: The solar energy equipment does not add value to your home and therefore, should not be included on your tax bill.
Believe it or not, there are plenty of other CA tax incentives for all new solar panels. See if you quality for additional rebates at energy.gov.
- Energy-Efficient Mortgages (EEMs): Credits a home's energy efficiency in the mortgage itself. A home energy rater conducts a home energy rating before financing is approved. This rating verifies that your home is energy efficient.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, raising your mortgage the amount you owe for the solar panel installation.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): Loans in stages. Good if making big payments to Goleta contractor in stages. HELOC’s carry adjustable interest rates.
- Home Equity Loan: Just like a normal mortgage, but for a renovation. They contain fixed interest rates.
- Personal Loan or Line of Credit: Good for smaller solar energy projects. Personal loans carry high interest rates.
- FHA 203(K) Mortgage: Refinance and create a new loan at the same time. Loan is based on estimated value after the renovation.
Goleta Solar Panel Licensing
It may not be required in all states, but any contractor installing solar panels in Goleta needs to obtain a few solar licenses:
- California Solar Contractors’ License: C-46 or C-10 OR
- A/B General Building Contractors’ License: Plus education requirements
As such, no matter what solar energy project you’re considering, make sure your solar panel installer has one of the licenses mentioned above.