Find the best addition contractors in Granite Bay
Top Remodeling Additions Contractors in Granite Bay
Matthews ResidentialNo Reviews3154 San Nicholas, West Sacramento, CARead MoreSee Full Profile
XRQ General ContractorsNo Reviews3600 Allison Drive, Roseville, CA
General Construction Services - Commercial | ResidentialRead MoreSee Full Profile
Aaron Bowman8229 Tanoak Way, Citrus Heights, CA
Alpine Builders4505 Morpheus Lane, Sacramento, CA
Bennett Building Company2701 Del Paso Road, #130-201, Sacramento, CA
Craftsman Painting and Construction7721 Auburn Boulevard #17, Citrus Heights, CA
D B Trew Construction8611 Kingdale Avenue, Orangevale, CA
DC Custom FramingPO Box 323, New Castle, CA
Geffs Construction5412 Bronholly Place, Antelope, CA
Jeffers Resource Group, Inc.7171 Bowling Drive, Sacramento, CA
Kirk Belding Construction1631 Auburn Road, Grass Valley, CA
Liberty Company Worldwide6569 Mariposa Avenue, Citrus Heights, CA
McQueen Construction Company1600 Big Ben Road, Lincoln, CA
MDC BuildersPO Box 304, Camino, CA
Meadow Vista ConstructionPO Box 374, Meadow Vista, CA
Newton Construction Company, Inc.3189 Brennans Road, Loomis, CA
PCS Construction, Inc.14515 Mcelroy Road, Auburn, CA
Permacoat Group, Inc.PO Box 2878, Rocklin, CA
Quentin Beard Construction6436 Quanah Way, Orangeville, CA
Regeneration Homes10143 Schroeder Way, Grass Valley, CA
Get free estimates from local addition & remodel contractors
Granite Bay Home & Room Additions
No Granite Bay, CA homeowner ever said I could use less space. Taking that notion to heart, home addition contractors are getting call after call to add one more bedroom, a garage, a porch or even, a full kitchen. These projects are expensive, as one would expect, but they pay off tremendously, both in personal use and resale value.
Continue reading to see how you can find the best room addition contractors in Granite Bay. As always, when you’re ready to hire, use ImproveNet to connect with two or three remodeling addition contractors in Granite Bay today.
Common Home & Room Additions In Granite Bay
Believe it or not, you can add any room you can think of. From laundry rooms to bathrooms, if you have the money and the wherewithal to undertake a home addition, you can make your dream home reality. To get a better idea of the possibilities, see the most common Granite Bay room additions below:
- Garage Or Workshop
- Living Or Family Room
- Laundry Room
- Common Area(s)
- California Room
- Patio or Sunroom
- Bump Out or Micro-Addition
What Makes A Good Addition Contractor
Any home addition is no small task. It takes coordination, organization, versatility and patience to get any Granite Bay addition completed successfully.
More often than not, you’ll have to hire a general contractor in Granite Bay and they will hire subcontractors to complete various parts of the addition. For example, if you’re bumping out your home and remodeling your kitchen, you’ll most likely need an electrician, plumber and a general contractor. The general contractor or project manager should oversee the entire project. They do it all from ordering supplies, keeping guys on time, staying under budget and of course, updating you along the way. As you can see, they have a lot of responsibility.
Therefore, to help you find the best home addition contractor in Granite Bay, look for the following traits as you interview three or four potential general contractors.
- Expertise: While they don’t focus on one home remodeling category, a general contractor should have some expertise across the board.
- Wide Network: General contractors hire other contractors for specific jobs. Therefore, good general contractors should have a very wide network, ensuring they only work with the best pros in Granite Bay, as well as in Fremont, Roseville, Hayward, Tracy, and Stockton.
- Organized: All addition contractors have to juggle multiple projects at once. From ordering supplies to scheduling subcontractors, they need to prioritize every aspect of your Granite Bay home addition. If just one aspect of the job gets lost, all can get delayed.
- Responsive: No matter what room you’re adding on, it’s going to be a costly investment. As such, chances are, you’ll want updates on all that is going on, especially if you moved out during the home renovation. Therefore, you need your general contractor to be responsive, whether that be via phone, text or email. While this can be hard to gauge after one interview, try texting or calling after your first chat and see how fast they respond. Sadly, many forget to respond. If they do, move on to the next room addition contractor.
- Friendly: Finally, you want a contractor you can get along with. This won’t be a two-hour job. Most Granite Bay additions take at least two weeks to complete. You’ll be spending a lot of time with them, whether in person or on the phone. As such, being able to have a professional and friendly relationship can go a long way.
Room Additions Costs In Granite Bay
Browsing for Granite Bay addition contractors, you should already have a rough idea of the costs associated with all room or house additions. If not, we have your answers.
Given the wide range of possible additions, it’s difficult to pinpoint an exact price for all Granite Bay additions. As a general rule, expect to spend between $100/sf and $200/sf for your new room. Prices range heavily based on layout, plumbing, electricity, land, permits, insulation, drywall and much more.
Nonetheless, general costs for room additions in Granite Bay are:
- Bathroom Addition: $40,000 - $90,000
- Kitchen Addition: $50,000 - $120,000
- Bedroom Addition: $10,000 – $30,000
- Garage Addition: $20,000 – $60,000
- Living Or Family Room Addition: $20,000 – $80,000
- Laundry Room Addition: $10,000 - $30,000
- Basement Addition: $50,000 – $100,000
- Office Addition: $10,000 - $30,000
- Common Area Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- California Room Addition: $10,000 - $60,000
- Deck Or Porch Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- Patio Or Sunroom Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- Bump Out or Micro-Addition: $10,000 - $50,000
To get an exact price for your specific remodeling addition, get in touch with local contractors via ImproveNet.
How To Save Money On Your Granite Bay Addition
As you can see, additions are not cheap. At a minimum, you need to budget $5,000, and that’s for smaller additions. For entire rooms, you most likely won’t spend less than $20,000. Nonetheless, just like a Addition to Existing Structure, Remodel Multiple Rooms, Kitchen Remodel, Basement Remodel, and Bathroom Remodel, there are always a few shortcuts to save some cash and still get the quality addition you deserve.
First and foremost, interview multiple contractors. As you saw above, prices vary greatly. One Granite Bay contractor may charge $10,000 for an addition and another may charge $5,000. Most contractors have different price points.
Next, try refinishing your basement or attic before adding an additional room. You can refinish a basement for as little as $4,000 in Granite Bay, which is much more affordable than a basement addition (up to $100,000).
Also, don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. The less work your contractor has to do, the less you’ll pay in the end. Therefore, offer to buy materials yourself. Go pull permits from Granite Bay, as opposed to having your contractor do it. Both of these tasks are tedious, but if you do them yourself, you could save hundreds, if not thousands, off your final home addition bill.
Home Addition Financing
If you’re still worried about your upcoming room additions costs, you’re not alone. Most Granite Bay homeowners finance their home addition. Luckily, beyond borrowing from friends and family, you have a few financing options:
- Home Equity Loan (HEL): This is a renovation mortgage with a fixed interest rate.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, you raise your mortgage the amount you owe for the home renovation.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): This loan is ideal for home additions because you receive the money in stages. It makes perfect sense if you’re going to make multiple big payments to your Granite Bay addition contractor over the course of the project.
If you don’t want to take on any more debt but are sold on the idea of an addition, consider a micro-addition or bump out. As the name suggests, a bump out is a smaller addition to any individual room. Smaller additions don’t have the same dramatic effect as full home additions, but they do come with a host of advantages.
First and foremost, micro-additions are far cheaper than full house additions. While a typical, single home addition in Granite Bay costs roughly $40,000, a bump out shouldn’t cost more than $15,000. Rather than an addition of a new room, the expansion of an existing room is not complicated and thus, costs much less.
Along the same lines, since you’re just adding a few feet to an existing room, a micro-addition rarely involves HVAC, plumbing or electric. Considering these three items significantly raise addition costs, it’s no surprise a micro-addition costs a fraction of a traditional room addition.
Finally, micro-additions do not take up much time or labor to complete. Depending on the room, the bump out could take as little as two days and you most likely won’t have to move out during construction. The same can not be said of a full Granite Bay house addition.
Granite Bay Contractor Licensing For Additions
California, to no surprise, is one of the more stringent states when it comes to home remodeling and required licenses. Contractors do not require licenses for smaller projects, such as a backsplash installation or toilet repair. However, all contractors in Granite Bay charging more than $500 must be licensed and insured. Considering no Granite Bay room addition or bump out is less than $500, make sure all addition contractors you interview are licensed by the California Contractors State License Board.
Find A Granite Bay Addition Contractor
Any addition will not only improve your quality of life and give you more space, but it will also raise the value of your home. While many additions are demanding, most Granite Bay homeowners agree that they are well worth it in the long run.
If you’re ready to take on a successful room addition today, ImproveNet can help. Let us help you find reliable Granite Bay addition contractors today.