Find the best addition contractors in Irvine
Browse Our Directory of Additions & Remodels Pros
Top Remodeling Additions Contractors in Irvine
Master in Design Inc(1)6011 Reseda Blvd Suite #1, Tarzana, CA
Master in Design is a home remodeling company that specializes in kitchens, bathrooms, tiling and counter tops, and roofing. We know that in remodeling your home, we are helping you in a very important change in your life. Therefore, our sole focus is to work with you and be there for you throughout the whole process. From day one, we emphasis our personal attention to you to ensure that all of your options are 100% clear, that you are completely knowledgeable about the process, that all of your questions are answered, and that every potential bit of stress that may come from remodeling your home is relieved. We will be by your side until you are satisfied with every detail and every element of your remodeling job. Our creative eye and practical approach is also key when it comes to the design of your new kitchen, bathroom, roof, patio, or other room. Every job we tackle is wholly unique and fits the specifications of your taste and personality and the space that is being remodeled. At Master in Design, we emphasize your remodel as a design project that will refresh your home and your life. We are like interior designers with a hammer!Read MoreSee Full Profile
So Cal Home Remodeling(1)7100 Havenhurst Ave Suite324, Van Nuys, CA
America Green BuildersNo Reviews627 North Martel Ave, Los Angeles, CA
America Green Builders specializes in both interior and exterior remodeling, we obtain all necessary permits and all of our work is guaranteed. Sunlite Solar & Construction Inc. is fully insured, licensed and bonded with the state of California Contractors license board.Read MoreSee Full Profile
Bibi ConstructionNo Reviews18750 Oxnard St #403, Tarzana, CA
Gale Force Construction, Inc.No Reviews16835 Algonquin St, Suite 274, Huntington Beach, CA
Home Remodeling CenterNo Reviews
K@J ConstructionNo ReviewsNorth Hollywood, North hollywood, CA
R S ConstructionNo Reviews6052 Buell Street, Bell Garden, CA
Treeium IncNo Reviews5352 Laurel Canyon Blvd, Suite 200, Valley Village, CA
Treeium is a general contracting company with over 26 years of experience, which specializes in green home remodeling. We believe that change starts from the inside out, and that the home is a great place to start. For every need there is a green solution and this is why we offer remodeling services that help our customers create their dream homes in an efficient, sustainable, healthy way for both their families and the planet. Whether you have a small project on your hands, are looking to remodel your kitchen or bathroom, or need an entire home renovation, Treeium has the expertise and passion to help you do it in a way that’s smart, efficient and sustainable, so your home will not only look good, but will also be healthier for you, the planet and your wallet. Thank you for trusting Treeium with your home improvement dreams!Read MoreSee Full Profile
Ace Construction & Plumbing1127 East Delmar Avenue, Orange, CA
Alco Construction & Electrical Services, Inc.809 East Mabel Avenue, Unit B, Monterey Park, CA
All Pro Contracting, Inc.651 South State College Boulevard, Fullerton, CA
Axel L. Espino Oliva1819 Monrovia Avenue, Unit 14, Costa Mesa, CA
Bear Flag ConstructionP.O. Box 8026, Laguna Hills, CA
C S Design and Construction510 Timberwood, Irvine, CA
C.R. Beinlich & Sons Construction Corporation5525 East 7th Street, Suite D, Long Beach, CA
California Construction Co710 Kirkpatrick Drive, Hollister, CA
Chambers Construction of California, Inc.220 Newport Center Drive, Unit 11-447, New Port Beach, CA
Coastal Builders610 East Santa Clara Avenue, Santa Ana, CA
Cornerstone Construction Company866 Halyard, Newport Beach, CA
Get free estimates from local addition & remodel contractors
Addition to Existing Structure
Average Project Cost: $62,715Irvine, CA 06/12/2017
- What best describes this project? Build - Use existing architectural drawings
- What type of remodeling project is this? Addition
- Notes: Add almost 500 sqft to an existing single story house. No Major Plumbing or Load bearing wall issues etc. Plans are done and permits were filed and approved with the city of irvine. Just need to be refreshed or renewed.
Irvine Home & Room Additions
No Irvine, CA homeowner ever said I could use less space. Taking that notion to heart, home addition contractors are getting call after call to add one more bedroom, a garage, a porch or even, a full kitchen. These projects are expensive, as one would expect, but they pay off tremendously, both in personal use and resale value.
Continue reading to see how you can find the best room addition contractors in Irvine. As always, when you’re ready to hire, use ImproveNet to connect with two or three remodeling addition contractors in Irvine today.
Common Home & Room Additions In Irvine
Believe it or not, you can add any room you can think of. From laundry rooms to bathrooms, if you have the money and the wherewithal to undertake a home addition, you can make your dream home reality. To get a better idea of the possibilities, see the most common Irvine room additions below:
- Garage Or Workshop
- Living Or Family Room
- Laundry Room
- Common Area(s)
- California Room
- Patio or Sunroom
- Bump Out or Micro-Addition
What Makes A Good Addition Contractor
Any home addition is no small task. It takes coordination, organization, versatility and patience to get any Irvine addition completed successfully.
More often than not, you’ll have to hire a general contractor in Irvine and they will hire subcontractors to complete various parts of the addition. For example, if you’re bumping out your home and remodeling your kitchen, you’ll most likely need an electrician, plumber and a general contractor. The general contractor or project manager should oversee the entire project. They do it all from ordering supplies, keeping guys on time, staying under budget and of course, updating you along the way. As you can see, they have a lot of responsibility.
Therefore, to help you find the best home addition contractor in Irvine, look for the following traits as you interview three or four potential general contractors.
- Expertise: While they don’t focus on one home remodeling category, a general contractor should have some expertise across the board.
- Wide Network: General contractors hire other contractors for specific jobs. Therefore, good general contractors should have a very wide network, ensuring they only work with the best pros in Irvine, as well as in Oxnard, Hemet, Riverside, Lancaster, and Oceanside.
- Organized: All addition contractors have to juggle multiple projects at once. From ordering supplies to scheduling subcontractors, they need to prioritize every aspect of your Irvine home addition. If just one aspect of the job gets lost, all can get delayed.
- Responsive: No matter what room you’re adding on, it’s going to be a costly investment. As such, chances are, you’ll want updates on all that is going on, especially if you moved out during the home renovation. Therefore, you need your general contractor to be responsive, whether that be via phone, text or email. While this can be hard to gauge after one interview, try texting or calling after your first chat and see how fast they respond. Sadly, many forget to respond. If they do, move on to the next room addition contractor.
- Friendly: Finally, you want a contractor you can get along with. This won’t be a two-hour job. Most Irvine additions take at least two weeks to complete. You’ll be spending a lot of time with them, whether in person or on the phone. As such, being able to have a professional and friendly relationship can go a long way.
Room Additions Costs In Irvine
Browsing for Irvine addition contractors, you should already have a rough idea of the costs associated with all room or house additions. If not, we have your answers.
Given the wide range of possible additions, it’s difficult to pinpoint an exact price for all Irvine additions. As a general rule, expect to spend between $100/sf and $200/sf for your new room. Prices range heavily based on layout, plumbing, electricity, land, permits, insulation, drywall and much more.
Nonetheless, general costs for room additions in Irvine are:
- Bathroom Addition: $40,000 - $90,000
- Kitchen Addition: $50,000 - $120,000
- Bedroom Addition: $10,000 – $30,000
- Garage Addition: $20,000 – $60,000
- Living Or Family Room Addition: $20,000 – $80,000
- Laundry Room Addition: $10,000 - $30,000
- Basement Addition: $50,000 – $100,000
- Office Addition: $10,000 - $30,000
- Common Area Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- California Room Addition: $10,000 - $60,000
- Deck Or Porch Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- Patio Or Sunroom Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- Bump Out or Micro-Addition: $10,000 - $50,000
To get an exact price for your specific remodeling addition, get in touch with local contractors via ImproveNet.
How To Save Money On Your Irvine Addition
As you can see, additions are not cheap. At a minimum, you need to budget $5,000, and that’s for smaller additions. For entire rooms, you most likely won’t spend less than $20,000. Nonetheless, just like a Basement Remodel, Kitchen Remodel, Remodel Multiple Rooms, Bathroom Remodel, and Addition to Existing Structure, there are always a few shortcuts to save some cash and still get the quality addition you deserve.
First and foremost, interview multiple contractors. As you saw above, prices vary greatly. One Irvine contractor may charge $10,000 for an addition and another may charge $5,000. Most contractors have different price points.
Next, try refinishing your basement or attic before adding an additional room. You can refinish a basement for as little as $4,000 in Irvine, which is much more affordable than a basement addition (up to $100,000).
Also, don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. The less work your contractor has to do, the less you’ll pay in the end. Therefore, offer to buy materials yourself. Go pull permits from Irvine, as opposed to having your contractor do it. Both of these tasks are tedious, but if you do them yourself, you could save hundreds, if not thousands, off your final home addition bill.
Home Addition Financing
If you’re still worried about your upcoming room additions costs, you’re not alone. Most Irvine homeowners finance their home addition. Luckily, beyond borrowing from friends and family, you have a few financing options:
- Home Equity Loan (HEL): This is a renovation mortgage with a fixed interest rate.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, you raise your mortgage the amount you owe for the home renovation.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): This loan is ideal for home additions because you receive the money in stages. It makes perfect sense if you’re going to make multiple big payments to your Irvine addition contractor over the course of the project.
If you don’t want to take on any more debt but are sold on the idea of an addition, consider a micro-addition or bump out. As the name suggests, a bump out is a smaller addition to any individual room. Smaller additions don’t have the same dramatic effect as full home additions, but they do come with a host of advantages.
First and foremost, micro-additions are far cheaper than full house additions. While a typical, single home addition in Irvine costs roughly $40,000, a bump out shouldn’t cost more than $15,000. Rather than an addition of a new room, the expansion of an existing room is not complicated and thus, costs much less.
Along the same lines, since you’re just adding a few feet to an existing room, a micro-addition rarely involves HVAC, plumbing or electric. Considering these three items significantly raise addition costs, it’s no surprise a micro-addition costs a fraction of a traditional room addition.
Finally, micro-additions do not take up much time or labor to complete. Depending on the room, the bump out could take as little as two days and you most likely won’t have to move out during construction. The same can not be said of a full Irvine house addition.
Irvine Contractor Licensing For Additions
California, to no surprise, is one of the more stringent states when it comes to home remodeling and required licenses. Contractors do not require licenses for smaller projects, such as a backsplash installation or toilet repair. However, all contractors in Irvine charging more than $500 must be licensed and insured. Considering no Irvine room addition or bump out is less than $500, make sure all addition contractors you interview are licensed by the California Contractors State License Board.
Find A Irvine Addition Contractor
Any addition will not only improve your quality of life and give you more space, but it will also raise the value of your home. While many additions are demanding, most Irvine homeowners agree that they are well worth it in the long run.
If you’re ready to take on a successful room addition today, ImproveNet can help. Let us help you find reliable Irvine addition contractors today.