Find the best solar contractors today!
Browse Our Directory of Solar Electric, Heating & Cooling Pros
Top Solar Panel Companies in Kerman
California Roofs & SolarNo Reviews1919 East Ashlan Avenue, Fresno, CARead MoreSee Full Profile
All On Electric, Inc.466 Lindbergh Avenue, Livermore, CA
American Array Solar, Inc.3151 Independence Drive, Livermore, CA
California Roofs1919 East Ashlan Avenue, Fresno, CA
CenCal Solar1261 Hoblitt Avenue Suite 201, Clovis, CA
Evans Energy35194 John Albert Drive, Madera, CA
GOSOLARPROS426 14th Street Suite #212, Modesto, CA
Semper Solaris1805 John Tower's Ave, El Cajon, CA
Solar Energy Installers1601 N. Sepulveda Blvd #227, HQ in Manhattan Beach, CA
Solar Installation Group, Inc.1824 Ackley Circle, Suite A, Oakdale, CA
Steve Patrick Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Inc.2561 North Purdue Avenue, Fresno, CA
Trinity Construction Enterprises, Inc.2370 East Cleveland Avenue, Madera, CA
Valley Solar Solutions, Inc.825 South Topeka Avenue, Fresno, CA
Get free estimates from local solar contractors
Kerman Solar Panel Installation
More solar panels have been installed in California than any other state in the country. In fact , according to the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), more than 4.8 Million CA homes already have solar panels installed and that number is only going to go up in the coming years. Furthermore, considering that solar energy prices in Modesto, Visalia, Manteca, Clovis, and Salinas have decreased more than 60% in the last five years, it make sense why more Kerman homeowners are moving from traditional electricity to solar panels for the home.
Kerman Solar Energy Return On Investment (ROI)
The average cost to install solar panels in Kerman is approximately $21,000. While that number is expected to go down (considering solar takes up only 14% of the state’s electricity), sadly, solar panel jobs in Kerman cost a bit more than the national average. New solar panel projects, across the country, start at $17,000.
Nonetheless, unlike other states or cities that don’t see as much as sun as Kerman, Golden State homeowners save quite a bit of money when they install solar panels. In fact, Kerman homeowners can save nearly $11,000 over 20 years after hiring a solar panel company. In fact, solar panel installers say the panels can cut monthly electric bills by 50% to 90%.
As you can see, researching solar panel companies in Kerman is not only the right decision now, but it’s a smart decision for years to come.
Kerman Solar Energy Financing & Rebates
Unlike a small plumbing job, $21,000 is a steep price for something you can’t visualize day in and day out. Fortunately, there are plenty of rebates and tax incentives the Golden State offers, both on the state and city level. Furthermore, there are various financing options all Kerman homeowners can take advantage of, if you need.
Tax Incentives & Other Rebates for Kerman Homeowners
- Federal Tax Credits for Solar Energy Systems: 30% of the total cost. This credit is good through Dec. 31, 2019.
- Sell Extra Energy: Electric companies in Kerman will actually pay you for that excess energy.
- California Solar Initiative (CSI) Rebates: The CSI Program pays solar consumers an incentive based on system performance. You can choose a lump-sum payment or monthly payments. The Expected Performance-Based Buydown (EPBB) is the upfront incentive available only for smaller systems. See more at Go Solar California.
- California Property Tax Exclusion for Solar Energy Systems: The solar energy equipment does not add value to your home and therefore, should not be included on your tax bill.
Believe it or not, there are plenty of other CA tax incentives for all new solar panels. See if you quality for additional rebates at energy.gov.
- Energy-Efficient Mortgages (EEMs): Credits a home's energy efficiency in the mortgage itself. A home energy rater conducts a home energy rating before financing is approved. This rating verifies that your home is energy efficient.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, raising your mortgage the amount you owe for the solar panel installation.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): Loans in stages. Good if making big payments to Kerman contractor in stages. HELOC’s carry adjustable interest rates.
- Home Equity Loan: Just like a normal mortgage, but for a renovation. They contain fixed interest rates.
- Personal Loan or Line of Credit: Good for smaller solar energy projects. Personal loans carry high interest rates.
- FHA 203(K) Mortgage: Refinance and create a new loan at the same time. Loan is based on estimated value after the renovation.
Kerman Solar Panel Licensing
It may not be required in all states, but any contractor installing solar panels in Kerman needs to obtain a few solar licenses:
- California Solar Contractors’ License: C-46 or C-10 OR
- A/B General Building Contractors’ License: Plus education requirements
As such, no matter what solar energy project you’re considering, make sure your solar panel installer has one of the licenses mentioned above.