Find the best addition contractors in Lake Hughes
Browse Our Directory of Additions & Remodels Pros
Top Remodeling Additions Contractors in Lake Hughes
Master in Design Inc(1)6011 Reseda Blvd Suite #1, Tarzana, CA
Master in Design is a home remodeling company that specializes in kitchens, bathrooms, tiling and counter tops, and roofing. We know that in remodeling your home, we are helping you in a very important change in your life. Therefore, our sole focus is to work with you and be there for you throughout the whole process. From day one, we emphasis our personal attention to you to ensure that all of your options are 100% clear, that you are completely knowledgeable about the process, that all of your questions are answered, and that every potential bit of stress that may come from remodeling your home is relieved. We will be by your side until you are satisfied with every detail and every element of your remodeling job. Our creative eye and practical approach is also key when it comes to the design of your new kitchen, bathroom, roof, patio, or other room. Every job we tackle is wholly unique and fits the specifications of your taste and personality and the space that is being remodeled. At Master in Design, we emphasize your remodel as a design project that will refresh your home and your life. We are like interior designers with a hammer!Read MoreSee Full Profile
Bibi ConstructionNo Reviews18750 Oxnard St #403, Tarzana, CA
Creations Architectural Finishes IncNo Reviews7117 Yolanda Ave, Reseda, CA
waterproofing and coating structural work / repairsRead MoreSee Full Profile
Gale Force Construction, Inc.No Reviews16835 Algonquin St, Suite 274, Huntington Beach, CA
Home Remodeling CenterNo Reviews
K@J ConstructionNo ReviewsNorth Hollywood, North hollywood, CA
King David RemodelingNo Reviews6230 Topeka Dr., Tarzana, CA
We are a small family owned company, with an outstanding reputation. We thrive on integrity and customer satisfaction, our master designers coupled with experienced, licensed and diligent workers, our goals to satisfy you are easily met.Read MoreSee Full Profile
ZC Developement & ConstructionNo Reviews18321 Sherman Way, Suite B, Reseda, CA
We are family owned & operated. Do all of our own work. Stand behind it do beautiful remodeling to both Residential & Commercial Properties.Read MoreSee Full Profile
A I D Home Remodeling, Inc.6800 Owensmouth Avenue, Canoga Park, CA
Douglas Charles Malo Construction1646 East Redbud Place, Pomona, CA
Serkan ErenayPO Box 431, South Pasadena, CA
Sunquest Builders, Inc.404 New York St #7098, Redlands, CA
Touch of Art Construction, Inc.6579 Cheltondale Avenue, West Hills, CA
Viso Construction728 North Avenue 66, Los Angeles, CA
Get free estimates from local addition & remodel contractors
Lake Hughes Home & Room Additions
No Lake Hughes, CA homeowner ever said I could use less space. Taking that notion to heart, home addition contractors are getting call after call to add one more bedroom, a garage, a porch or even, a full kitchen. These projects are expensive, as one would expect, but they pay off tremendously, both in personal use and resale value.
Continue reading to see how you can find the best room addition contractors in Lake Hughes. As always, when you’re ready to hire, use ImproveNet to connect with two or three remodeling addition contractors in Lake Hughes today.
Common Home & Room Additions In Lake Hughes
Believe it or not, you can add any room you can think of. From laundry rooms to bathrooms, if you have the money and the wherewithal to undertake a home addition, you can make your dream home reality. To get a better idea of the possibilities, see the most common Lake Hughes room additions below:
- Garage Or Workshop
- Living Or Family Room
- Laundry Room
- Common Area(s)
- California Room
- Patio or Sunroom
- Bump Out or Micro-Addition
What Makes A Good Addition Contractor
Any home addition is no small task. It takes coordination, organization, versatility and patience to get any Lake Hughes addition completed successfully.
More often than not, you’ll have to hire a general contractor in Lake Hughes and they will hire subcontractors to complete various parts of the addition. For example, if you’re bumping out your home and remodeling your kitchen, you’ll most likely need an electrician, plumber and a general contractor. The general contractor or project manager should oversee the entire project. They do it all from ordering supplies, keeping guys on time, staying under budget and of course, updating you along the way. As you can see, they have a lot of responsibility.
Therefore, to help you find the best home addition contractor in Lake Hughes, look for the following traits as you interview three or four potential general contractors.
- Expertise: While they don’t focus on one home remodeling category, a general contractor should have some expertise across the board.
- Wide Network: General contractors hire other contractors for specific jobs. Therefore, good general contractors should have a very wide network, ensuring they only work with the best pros in Lake Hughes, as well as in Perris, Lancaster, Anaheim, Palmdale, and Fontana.
- Organized: All addition contractors have to juggle multiple projects at once. From ordering supplies to scheduling subcontractors, they need to prioritize every aspect of your Lake Hughes home addition. If just one aspect of the job gets lost, all can get delayed.
- Responsive: No matter what room you’re adding on, it’s going to be a costly investment. As such, chances are, you’ll want updates on all that is going on, especially if you moved out during the home renovation. Therefore, you need your general contractor to be responsive, whether that be via phone, text or email. While this can be hard to gauge after one interview, try texting or calling after your first chat and see how fast they respond. Sadly, many forget to respond. If they do, move on to the next room addition contractor.
- Friendly: Finally, you want a contractor you can get along with. This won’t be a two-hour job. Most Lake Hughes additions take at least two weeks to complete. You’ll be spending a lot of time with them, whether in person or on the phone. As such, being able to have a professional and friendly relationship can go a long way.
Room Additions Costs In Lake Hughes
Browsing for Lake Hughes addition contractors, you should already have a rough idea of the costs associated with all room or house additions. If not, we have your answers.
Given the wide range of possible additions, it’s difficult to pinpoint an exact price for all Lake Hughes additions. As a general rule, expect to spend between $100/sf and $200/sf for your new room. Prices range heavily based on layout, plumbing, electricity, land, permits, insulation, drywall and much more.
Nonetheless, general costs for room additions in Lake Hughes are:
- Bathroom Addition: $40,000 - $90,000
- Kitchen Addition: $50,000 - $120,000
- Bedroom Addition: $10,000 – $30,000
- Garage Addition: $20,000 – $60,000
- Living Or Family Room Addition: $20,000 – $80,000
- Laundry Room Addition: $10,000 - $30,000
- Basement Addition: $50,000 – $100,000
- Office Addition: $10,000 - $30,000
- Common Area Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- California Room Addition: $10,000 - $60,000
- Deck Or Porch Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- Patio Or Sunroom Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- Bump Out or Micro-Addition: $10,000 - $50,000
To get an exact price for your specific remodeling addition, get in touch with local contractors via ImproveNet.
How To Save Money On Your Lake Hughes Addition
As you can see, additions are not cheap. At a minimum, you need to budget $5,000, and that’s for smaller additions. For entire rooms, you most likely won’t spend less than $20,000. Nonetheless, just like a Kitchen Remodel, Basement Remodel, Bathroom Remodel, Addition to Existing Structure, and Remodel Multiple Rooms, there are always a few shortcuts to save some cash and still get the quality addition you deserve.
First and foremost, interview multiple contractors. As you saw above, prices vary greatly. One Lake Hughes contractor may charge $10,000 for an addition and another may charge $5,000. Most contractors have different price points.
Next, try refinishing your basement or attic before adding an additional room. You can refinish a basement for as little as $4,000 in Lake Hughes, which is much more affordable than a basement addition (up to $100,000).
Also, don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. The less work your contractor has to do, the less you’ll pay in the end. Therefore, offer to buy materials yourself. Go pull permits from Lake Hughes, as opposed to having your contractor do it. Both of these tasks are tedious, but if you do them yourself, you could save hundreds, if not thousands, off your final home addition bill.
Home Addition Financing
If you’re still worried about your upcoming room additions costs, you’re not alone. Most Lake Hughes homeowners finance their home addition. Luckily, beyond borrowing from friends and family, you have a few financing options:
- Home Equity Loan (HEL): This is a renovation mortgage with a fixed interest rate.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, you raise your mortgage the amount you owe for the home renovation.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): This loan is ideal for home additions because you receive the money in stages. It makes perfect sense if you’re going to make multiple big payments to your Lake Hughes addition contractor over the course of the project.
If you don’t want to take on any more debt but are sold on the idea of an addition, consider a micro-addition or bump out. As the name suggests, a bump out is a smaller addition to any individual room. Smaller additions don’t have the same dramatic effect as full home additions, but they do come with a host of advantages.
First and foremost, micro-additions are far cheaper than full house additions. While a typical, single home addition in Lake Hughes costs roughly $40,000, a bump out shouldn’t cost more than $15,000. Rather than an addition of a new room, the expansion of an existing room is not complicated and thus, costs much less.
Along the same lines, since you’re just adding a few feet to an existing room, a micro-addition rarely involves HVAC, plumbing or electric. Considering these three items significantly raise addition costs, it’s no surprise a micro-addition costs a fraction of a traditional room addition.
Finally, micro-additions do not take up much time or labor to complete. Depending on the room, the bump out could take as little as two days and you most likely won’t have to move out during construction. The same can not be said of a full Lake Hughes house addition.
Lake Hughes Contractor Licensing For Additions
California, to no surprise, is one of the more stringent states when it comes to home remodeling and required licenses. Contractors do not require licenses for smaller projects, such as a backsplash installation or toilet repair. However, all contractors in Lake Hughes charging more than $500 must be licensed and insured. Considering no Lake Hughes room addition or bump out is less than $500, make sure all addition contractors you interview are licensed by the California Contractors State License Board.
Find A Lake Hughes Addition Contractor
Any addition will not only improve your quality of life and give you more space, but it will also raise the value of your home. While many additions are demanding, most Lake Hughes homeowners agree that they are well worth it in the long run.
If you’re ready to take on a successful room addition today, ImproveNet can help. Let us help you find reliable Lake Hughes addition contractors today.