Find the best addition contractors in Morgan Hill
Browse Our Directory of Additions & Remodels Pros
Top Remodeling Additions Contractors in Morgan Hill
LU Construction(2)39899 Balentine Dr, Newark, CA
CA Home Remodeling, Renovations, Home Improvements and Construction Services by L U Construction. We have built our excellent reputation over the years by putting our hearts and passion into every project we take on. We treat every project as if we are working on our own homes. Perfection is the standard practice when we take on a project and complete satisfaction is what we expect and guarantee.Read MoreSee Full Profile
Advanced Pro ConstructionNo Reviews305 Vineyard Town Center #200, Morgan Hill, CARead MoreSee Full Profile
Pacific Construction & DesignNo Reviews38660 Lexington Street #572, Fremont, CA
For over 30 years Pacific Construction has been in the forefront of the home remodeling industry serving the San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles areas. We have built our excellent reputation over the years by putting our hearts and passion into every project we take on. We treat every project as if we are working on our homes. Perfection is the standard practice when we take on a project and complete satisfaction is what we expect and promise!Read MoreSee Full Profile
Sami and Sons, LLCNo ReviewsUpon Request, Upon Request, CA
We are a locally owned and operated company that values honesty, integrity, and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer a variety of general contractor home improvement services that are customizable to each individual project. We specialize in additions and kitchen remodels, but also offer a wide range of expertise for a variety of other projects. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, as well as our commitment to outstanding results. We look forward to building lasting relationships and guarantee your satisfaction!Read MoreSee Full Profile
A. Dariano Construction950 McGlincy Lane, Campbell, CA
ABA Construction1772 Shady Creek Court, San Jose, CA
B S B Construction2064 Union Rd, Hollister, CA
Bay Builders & Remodeling, Inc.2009 O'Tool Avenue, San Jose, CA
Brother & Brother Builders25A Cresent Drive, Suite 303, Pleasant Hill, CA
California Construction Co710 Kirkpatrick Drive, Hollister, CA
Done Right Home Remodeling, Inc.1825 De La Cruz Blvd, Unit 206, Santa Clara, CA
EnerG Shield Home Inspection Services & General Contractor370 Piercy Road, Suite B, San Jose, CA
F Alcaraz ConstructionPO Box 754, Moss Landing, CA
Future Vision Remodeling, Inc.1999 South Bascom Avenue, Suite 700, Campbell, CA
Gil Montarbo GBC, Inc.Po Box 1571, Morgan Hill, CA
Hanaray Construction1655 Villarita Drive, Campbell, CA
HP Alexander Construction1405 Dovetail Way, Gilroy, CA
Lee's Pro Builders, Inc.1189 West San Carlos Street, San Jose, CA
Ontimio Builders90 Arista Lane, Watsonville, CA
Paradise Designs by Larry Diggs, Inc.PO Box 75664, Manteca, CA
Get free estimates from local addition & remodel contractors
Morgan Hill Home & Room Additions
No Morgan Hill, CA homeowner ever said I could use less space. Taking that notion to heart, home addition contractors are getting call after call to add one more bedroom, a garage, a porch or even, a full kitchen. These projects are expensive, as one would expect, but they pay off tremendously, both in personal use and resale value.
Continue reading to see how you can find the best room addition contractors in Morgan Hill. As always, when you’re ready to hire, use ImproveNet to connect with two or three remodeling addition contractors in Morgan Hill today.
Common Home & Room Additions In Morgan Hill
Believe it or not, you can add any room you can think of. From laundry rooms to bathrooms, if you have the money and the wherewithal to undertake a home addition, you can make your dream home reality. To get a better idea of the possibilities, see the most common Morgan Hill room additions below:
- Garage Or Workshop
- Living Or Family Room
- Laundry Room
- Common Area(s)
- California Room
- Patio or Sunroom
- Bump Out or Micro-Addition
What Makes A Good Addition Contractor
Any home addition is no small task. It takes coordination, organization, versatility and patience to get any Morgan Hill addition completed successfully.
More often than not, you’ll have to hire a general contractor in Morgan Hill and they will hire subcontractors to complete various parts of the addition. For example, if you’re bumping out your home and remodeling your kitchen, you’ll most likely need an electrician, plumber and a general contractor. The general contractor or project manager should oversee the entire project. They do it all from ordering supplies, keeping guys on time, staying under budget and of course, updating you along the way. As you can see, they have a lot of responsibility.
Therefore, to help you find the best home addition contractor in Morgan Hill, look for the following traits as you interview three or four potential general contractors.
- Expertise: While they don’t focus on one home remodeling category, a general contractor should have some expertise across the board.
- Wide Network: General contractors hire other contractors for specific jobs. Therefore, good general contractors should have a very wide network, ensuring they only work with the best pros in Morgan Hill, as well as in Oakland, Vallejo, Tracy, Sacramento, and Antioch.
- Organized: All addition contractors have to juggle multiple projects at once. From ordering supplies to scheduling subcontractors, they need to prioritize every aspect of your Morgan Hill home addition. If just one aspect of the job gets lost, all can get delayed.
- Responsive: No matter what room you’re adding on, it’s going to be a costly investment. As such, chances are, you’ll want updates on all that is going on, especially if you moved out during the home renovation. Therefore, you need your general contractor to be responsive, whether that be via phone, text or email. While this can be hard to gauge after one interview, try texting or calling after your first chat and see how fast they respond. Sadly, many forget to respond. If they do, move on to the next room addition contractor.
- Friendly: Finally, you want a contractor you can get along with. This won’t be a two-hour job. Most Morgan Hill additions take at least two weeks to complete. You’ll be spending a lot of time with them, whether in person or on the phone. As such, being able to have a professional and friendly relationship can go a long way.
Room Additions Costs In Morgan Hill
Browsing for Morgan Hill addition contractors, you should already have a rough idea of the costs associated with all room or house additions. If not, we have your answers.
Given the wide range of possible additions, it’s difficult to pinpoint an exact price for all Morgan Hill additions. As a general rule, expect to spend between $100/sf and $200/sf for your new room. Prices range heavily based on layout, plumbing, electricity, land, permits, insulation, drywall and much more.
Nonetheless, general costs for room additions in Morgan Hill are:
- Bathroom Addition: $40,000 - $90,000
- Kitchen Addition: $50,000 - $120,000
- Bedroom Addition: $10,000 – $30,000
- Garage Addition: $20,000 – $60,000
- Living Or Family Room Addition: $20,000 – $80,000
- Laundry Room Addition: $10,000 - $30,000
- Basement Addition: $50,000 – $100,000
- Office Addition: $10,000 - $30,000
- Common Area Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- California Room Addition: $10,000 - $60,000
- Deck Or Porch Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- Patio Or Sunroom Addition: $5,000 - $20,000
- Bump Out or Micro-Addition: $10,000 - $50,000
To get an exact price for your specific remodeling addition, get in touch with local contractors via ImproveNet.
How To Save Money On Your Morgan Hill Addition
As you can see, additions are not cheap. At a minimum, you need to budget $5,000, and that’s for smaller additions. For entire rooms, you most likely won’t spend less than $20,000. Nonetheless, just like a Remodel Multiple Rooms, Kitchen Remodel, Addition to Existing Structure, Bathroom Remodel, and Basement Remodel, there are always a few shortcuts to save some cash and still get the quality addition you deserve.
First and foremost, interview multiple contractors. As you saw above, prices vary greatly. One Morgan Hill contractor may charge $10,000 for an addition and another may charge $5,000. Most contractors have different price points.
Next, try refinishing your basement or attic before adding an additional room. You can refinish a basement for as little as $4,000 in Morgan Hill, which is much more affordable than a basement addition (up to $100,000).
Also, don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. The less work your contractor has to do, the less you’ll pay in the end. Therefore, offer to buy materials yourself. Go pull permits from Morgan Hill, as opposed to having your contractor do it. Both of these tasks are tedious, but if you do them yourself, you could save hundreds, if not thousands, off your final home addition bill.
Home Addition Financing
If you’re still worried about your upcoming room additions costs, you’re not alone. Most Morgan Hill homeowners finance their home addition. Luckily, beyond borrowing from friends and family, you have a few financing options:
- Home Equity Loan (HEL): This is a renovation mortgage with a fixed interest rate.
- Refinance Mortgage: Essentially, you raise your mortgage the amount you owe for the home renovation.
- Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC): This loan is ideal for home additions because you receive the money in stages. It makes perfect sense if you’re going to make multiple big payments to your Morgan Hill addition contractor over the course of the project.
If you don’t want to take on any more debt but are sold on the idea of an addition, consider a micro-addition or bump out. As the name suggests, a bump out is a smaller addition to any individual room. Smaller additions don’t have the same dramatic effect as full home additions, but they do come with a host of advantages.
First and foremost, micro-additions are far cheaper than full house additions. While a typical, single home addition in Morgan Hill costs roughly $40,000, a bump out shouldn’t cost more than $15,000. Rather than an addition of a new room, the expansion of an existing room is not complicated and thus, costs much less.
Along the same lines, since you’re just adding a few feet to an existing room, a micro-addition rarely involves HVAC, plumbing or electric. Considering these three items significantly raise addition costs, it’s no surprise a micro-addition costs a fraction of a traditional room addition.
Finally, micro-additions do not take up much time or labor to complete. Depending on the room, the bump out could take as little as two days and you most likely won’t have to move out during construction. The same can not be said of a full Morgan Hill house addition.
Morgan Hill Contractor Licensing For Additions
California, to no surprise, is one of the more stringent states when it comes to home remodeling and required licenses. Contractors do not require licenses for smaller projects, such as a backsplash installation or toilet repair. However, all contractors in Morgan Hill charging more than $500 must be licensed and insured. Considering no Morgan Hill room addition or bump out is less than $500, make sure all addition contractors you interview are licensed by the California Contractors State License Board.
Find A Morgan Hill Addition Contractor
Any addition will not only improve your quality of life and give you more space, but it will also raise the value of your home. While many additions are demanding, most Morgan Hill homeowners agree that they are well worth it in the long run.
If you’re ready to take on a successful room addition today, ImproveNet can help. Let us help you find reliable Morgan Hill addition contractors today.