Garage Contractors Near Me
Adding a garage to a home can increase the property value and add a huge convenience. Whether you're using it for storage, as an extra addition or to park your car, garage installation comes with many bonuses for the homeowner. Let’s add get started on building your dream garage. Use ImproveNet to connect with top home garage builders near you.
How to Find the Best Garage Contractors Near You
When you’re selecting potential garage contractors, it's important to know your budget and have a clear idea of what you want. Making a list of qualities you want your garage to have - materials, size, purpose - will help you and the contractor during the build.
Decide whether you want a separate designer or architect to design the garage. Take a look at online reviews, ask for references and take your time interviewing garage contractors. Let them know that you are taking other quotes. The best choice would be a service that does not subcontract and is responsible for the work delivered. They would be licensed and registered with the BBB and have plenty of examples and happy customers for you to reference. Here are a few questions to keep in mind when you are hiring garage contractors:
- How long has your company been in business?
- Do you hire subcontractors?
- How long is the job expected to take?
- How much experience does the crew have?
- Do you have any references in the area?
- What type of warranty do you offer?
- Are you licensed, insured and bonded?
- Will you pull a permit?
- When can you start?
- Do you provide estimates?
Garage Construction Cost
Building a garage has many fees including the materials and labor costs. Other fees could come in securing permits and necessary additions, so the building is to code. There is a large time investment as well. On average, homeowners can expect to spend $18,282 to $27,053 on building a new garage. Additional costs could be in hiring a mason to lay floors and foundations for the garage. The minimum cost for building a new garage is $500 dollars, and the maximum could be $50,000 dollars or more depending on the labor costs, materials and the size of the garage.
Top Rated Professionals In Your Area
- Contractor services
100% of homeowners would recommend
"responsible, saw to small details. I will use them again."Read More
- Contractor services
90% of homeowners would recommend
"C&S provided new floors, cabinets, and countertops (granite, ceramic &..."Read More
Other Top Pros Near You
- Above Ground Pool Installers Near Me
- Above Ground Pool Repair Near Me
- Air Condition Repair Near Me
- Air Conditioning Installation Near Me
- Aluminum Gutter Installers Near Me
- Aluminum Gutter Repair Near Me
- Appliance Installation Near Me
- Appliance Removal Near Me
- Appliance Repair Near Me
- Asphalt Near Me
- Asphalt Repair Near Me
- Asphalt Shingle Roof Installers Near Me
- Asphalt Shingle Roof Repair Near Me
- Basement Finishing Near Me
- Bathroom Renovations Near Me