Metal Roofing Near Me
Although they cost more to install initially, metal roofs offer several advantages over traditional asphalt shingle roofs. Metal roofs last longer and require less maintenance, which saves you money over the lifetime of the roof. They also help reduce energy costs. Some insurance companies also offer discounts to homeowners who install metal roofing, in part, because of its ability to withstand strong winds.
Roof replacement or installation is a major investment, and you want to make sure the roofer you hire has the right skill level and experience to complete efficiently. Compare reviews, portfolios and experience from the metal roofing contractors below. Then let ImproveNet connect you with the top metal roof installers near you.
How to Find Metal Roofers in Your Area
A properly-installed roof protects your loved ones and directly affects your property value. This is why it's important to find a roofer who knows how to work with metal roof materials. The only way to determine this is to ask the right questions about how long the company has been in business, what warranties they offer and who they hire as employees.
As you talk to local metal roofing contractors, keep notes of what they tell you and use this information to make the final decision. Keep these points in mind as you talk to metal roofing contractors in your area:
- Metal roofing companies should have liability and worker's compensation insurance. Liability insurance protects your property if it sustains damage during the roof replacement job. Worker's compensation covers the employees if they get injured while working on your roof.
- If the company hires subcontractors to complete any work, make sure the subcontractor has insurance coverage. If they have their own employees, ask about the training they receive, keeping in mind that it's perfectly acceptable for them to learn on the job.
- Get the company's physical address and contractor license number so you can verify them. In most states, contractors must have a license from the state. To receive this license, they have to prove to the licensing board that they understand how to correctly install roofs.
- Ask about scheduling and payments. During busy seasons, companies may schedule their work several weeks or months in advance. This will influence your decision, especially if you need the new metal roof immediately. The contractor may also ask you to pay a deposit up front to cover the cost of materials.
Talk to at least two or three different metal roofers and ask for a written estimate. This is a great time to ask about any warranty the company offers for the materials or labor in case they need to later repair the roof.
Metal Roof Installation Costs
Installing a metal roof costs, on average, between $7.50 and $10 per square foot depending on the materials used, type of roof and geographic location. Metal roofs require more labor time and additional skill than asphalt shingle roofs, and you see this reflected in the overall price. This is also why it's important to seek out a professional who understands how to properly install metal roofing materials and can help you choose the best materials for your specific region and property style.
Top Rated Professionals In Your Area
- Contractor services
- 4 years in business
20% of homeowners would recommend
Other Top Pros Near You
- Above Ground Pool Installers Near Me
- Above Ground Pool Repair Near Me
- Air Condition Repair Near Me
- Air Conditioning Installation Near Me
- Aluminum Gutter Installers Near Me
- Aluminum Gutter Repair Near Me
- Appliance Installation Near Me
- Appliance Removal Near Me
- Appliance Repair Near Me
- Asphalt Near Me
- Asphalt Repair Near Me
- Asphalt Shingle Roof Installers Near Me
- Asphalt Shingle Roof Repair Near Me
- Basement Finishing Near Me
- Bathroom Renovations Near Me