Retaining Wall Builders Near Me
If your property is prone to erosion, which can happen if your land is not level, then a retaining wall can prevent soil from shifting and sliding. A retaining wall can help prevent flooding, sinkholes, damage and other hazards. It can also enhance the value of your home by making the land more secure and by serving as an architectural piece that complements your landscaping. Installing a retaining is a job that a qualified professional should handle because of the skill required and complexity involved.
When you're ready, ImproveNet can connect you with the top retaining wall builders near you.
How to Find the Best Retaining Wall Contractors Near You
There are several factors that go into finding retaining wall companies that meet your needs. When compiling a list of companies that sound like strong candidates, ask around for recommendations and read online reviews (below). Browse each company's website for photos of previous work, as well as testimonials from customers. Seek out companies that are well established in your community and have a solid reputation rather than those you can't find much information on.
Always obtain multiple estimates and contact each company you're interested in to ask questions, to get a feel for how they work and to see if they're an organization you'd feel comfortable hiring. Research retaining walls prior to consulting retaining wall installers near you so that you'll have an idea of how much it should cost. For example, you may want to ask what kind of equipment and machinery they use or what kind of wall they'd recommend for your landscape and soil type.
When evaluating retaining wall builders, here are some other questions to ask:
- Do you provide free estimates?
- How long have you been in business?
- Can you provide references?
- Are you licensed, bonded and insured?
- Do you offer a guarantee?
- How much do you charge?
- When can you start and how long will it take?
- Why are you better than other retaining wall contractors near me?
Retaining Wall Cost
The cost of a retaining wall depends on several factors, including the size of the wall and what kind of materials you use. Wood typically costs the least, starting at around $15 per square foot. Concrete walls cost around $20 per square foot and up, while stone starts at $25 per square foot. Your location also impacts the cost of installation. If you live in an area prone to earthquakes or violent storms, for example, your wall will require greater reinforcement and cost more. Certain types of soil can also make your retaining wall more expensive, as can the need to excavate the land or do other prep work.
Top Rated Professionals In Your Area
- Contractor services
- 4 years in business
100% of homeowners would recommend
- Contractor services
- 29 years in business
Other Top Pros Near You
- Above Ground Pool Installers Near Me
- Above Ground Pool Repair Near Me
- Air Condition Repair Near Me
- Air Conditioning Installation Near Me
- Aluminum Gutter Installers Near Me
- Aluminum Gutter Repair Near Me
- Appliance Installation Near Me
- Appliance Removal Near Me
- Appliance Repair Near Me
- Asphalt Near Me
- Asphalt Repair Near Me
- Asphalt Shingle Roof Installers Near Me
- Asphalt Shingle Roof Repair Near Me
- Basement Finishing Near Me
- Bathroom Renovations Near Me