Wood & Composite Roofing Installation Near Me
A wood shingle roof can last about 30 years. Another option that homeowners have is composite shingle roofs made of materials such as asphalt, recycled paper and fiberglass. These choices last about 25 years. Whichever you choose or currently have, a professional can help you properly install your new roof.
When you're ready, ImproveNet can connect you with top composite roof companies near you.
How to Find the Best Roof Company Near You
Composite roof shingles are made to resemble wood roof shingles and are almost indistinguishable from real slate or wood. What differentiates them is that they're more resistant to fire, which can keep your home safer. Composition roofing material is durable, fade resistant, wind resistant, impact resistant, long lasting and easier to maintain than wood shingle roofing. Composite roofing materials are also eco-friendly. Wood panels cost more than asphalt shingles but give your home a beautiful look that some manufactured shingles can't offer. Whichever type you choose, here are a few questions to ask a professional composite shingle installer as you gather a few estimates:
- How many years of experience do you have?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Do you have worker's compensation and liability insurance?
- How will you protect the driveway and house from damage?
- What training does the installation crew have?
- Do you have any references?
- Do you offer any warranties, and for how long?
- What maintenance should I expect?
- Are you bonded?
- Do you offer estimates?
Composite & Wood Roof Installation Costs
A roof is one of the biggest investments you can make for your home. Depending on the materials you use, the costs can vary. Wood shake roofing averages between $5 and $8 per square foot, with the overall cost coming in between $8,000 to $12,000. Wood shingles range from $7,574 to $8,500 per 2,000 square feet. The cost can vary depending on the slope gradient, or how steeply the roof's slope is. Composition roof shingles cost $480 and $1,600 per 100 square feet
Top Rated Professionals In Your Area
- Contractor services
- 29 years in business
Other Top Pros Near You
- Above Ground Pool Installers Near Me
- Above Ground Pool Repair Near Me
- Air Condition Repair Near Me
- Air Conditioning Installation Near Me
- Aluminum Gutter Installers Near Me
- Aluminum Gutter Repair Near Me
- Appliance Installation Near Me
- Appliance Removal Near Me
- Appliance Repair Near Me
- Asphalt Near Me
- Asphalt Repair Near Me
- Asphalt Shingle Roof Installers Near Me
- Asphalt Shingle Roof Repair Near Me
- Basement Finishing Near Me
- Bathroom Renovations Near Me