PVC Vinyl Decking Prices
Get free estimates from local Decks & Porch contractors.
National Decks & Porch Costs
Real Quoted Projects From Decks & Porch Contractors
Deck or Porch - Build or Replace, More than 2 weeks, Single family house or condo
- 1773 projects like this
- Most recent: 14 hours ago
Deck or Porch - Repair, Single family house or condo
- 727 projects like this
- Most recent: 18 hours ago
PVC Vinyl Decking Prices
Decking that is made out of PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is quite impressive when consumers understand how it's made. This material contains natural gas, crude oil, stabilizers, toners, chlorides, impact modifiers and titanium dioxide, which works to make the deck resistant to ultraviolet rays and keeps it from yellowing. When purchasing PVC vinyl decking, it's important to make sure that it contains UV inhibitor. Otherwise, a homeowner may end up with a cheaper version of vinyl decking that won't be protected against sunlight.
- Cost per square foot: $4 to $8
- Minimum: $2,000
- Maximum: $3,000
Benefits of PVC Vinyl Decking
PVC vinyl decking isn't only cost-efficient, but it is also extremely durable and attractive. Because PVC material is made to last a lifetime, purchasing this deck material is a wise investment for homeowners. This type of decking offers the following benefits:
- Unlike other types of decking material, it won't splinter, rot, crack, peel, decay, chip, warp or need lots of maintenance and repairs. It just needs an occasional light cleaning.
- PVC vinyl decking is very environmentally friendly because it contains no pollutants such as formaldehyde or various chemicals used to treat wood. It also takes less fossil fuel to produce PVC as compared to the production of aluminum or wood.
- It is made to withstand extreme temperatures from -65 degrees Fahrenheit to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. It's considered "self-extinguishing" because PVC possesses a high flash melting point of 900 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This material is five times more durable than wood, yet four times more flexible.
PVC Vinyl Deck Types
Vinyl decking looks just as attractive as wooden decking and comes in a huge variety of designs, sizes and shapes. The right deck can add wonderful appeal to any home exterior when the style matches the house and landscaping. With various colors to choose from, it's easy to obtain a deck that will complement any home's exterior color combinations. Vinyl decking also comes in solid-panel varieties that work great for holding large weights, like hot tubs, tables, plants and people for parties.
Semi-Private PVC Vinyl Decks
Semi-transparent PVC vinyl decks offer a nice alternative to the solid wall style of full privacy vinyl decks. While still providing some amount of privacy, semi-private vinyl decks allow more light and airflow to pass through. However, with various styles to choose from, homeowners also have the option of choosing the space size between panels.
These types of decks work great for offering an open-air feeling that balances landscape architecture with flower beds, trees, patios and walkways. This style is perfectly suitable if a homeowner prefers a screen that gives some privacy yet won't completely block out cool breezes. It's also an excellent choice for a privacy area around a hot tub or outdoor dining area.
Get free estimates from local deck & porch contractors
Last updated on Nov 8, 2018